+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: High End battery solution for the TC-7533 Bushmaster MKII

I'm Steve.

Thanks very much Brian, apart from Stans reccomendation above which I'm very tempted to order, I saw this and wondered if anyone's seen / heard of these ? :

http://www.deben.com/tracer-battery-packs.html

( The 10 Ah one is exactly the same height as the BM MKII ). Cheers.

I'm Steve.

Nice one John thank you mate....Your speakers are stunning, I guess you have a detatched house ?? !!!!

I'm David.

What do batteries do that a well designed linear psu (incidently with noise so low its almost a battery) does not, they run out and need re-charging, what a faff surely?

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    What do batteries do that a well designed linear psu (incidently with noise so low its almost a battery) does not, they run out and need re-charging, what a faff surely?
    The one I've bought doesn't run out, just leave it plugged into the mains and it charges when needed.

I'm ILOB.

In my opion batteries beat a linear power supply as I had a well designed one and perfer using battery. As Richard said you can get ones that charge as you use them
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardl View Post
    The one I've bought doesn't run out, just leave it plugged into the mains and it charges when needed.
    If it's left charging all the time, are you really using batteries? I seem to recall we went to great faff and bother to design circuits which operated from battery when the levels permitted, and charged the batteries when the system was not supplying power to the device (preamp and dac ) . So when the preamp was off, the batteries charged, and when the preamp wanted to run, the battery charging was off, and the batteries supplied the current. Otherwise, you are running the device from the supply which charges the batteries? (Batteries and the old firm were a bit of a touchy subject with a few bruised egos, so I've never really pursued this point)

I'm Steve.

[Oldpinkman] If it's left charging all the time, are you really using batteries?

I was thinking exactly the same thing. If the battery pack is plugged into the mains constantly, would ac Mains noise pass from the charger - to batteries - to the DAC ?
    Forgive my technical in-experience with battery packs / power supplies.

I'm ILOB.

Cannot say with the lithium set up but Stan reported good results with this set up and tend to trust his ears Stan be best to feedback around this I use a switch so I can recharge the battery when ever I want but at present using a lead battery set up, So in my case battery charges after use. Their quite a few other DACs that use a similar approach to good effect
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Andy.

l run my battery powered Virtue Audio Sensation with the charger permanently plugged in charging, also tried listening to the charger unplugged and heard no difference in sound this has been reported by other Sensation owners as well- so the charger stays permy in.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    l run my battery powered Virtue Audio Sensation with the charger permanently plugged in charging, also tried listening to the charger unplugged and heard no difference in sound this has been reported by other Sensation owners as well- so the charger stays permy in.
    Is it possible to run it without batteries - just using "the charger"?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast