+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great site for pics of vintage T/Ts and old radiograms!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Some interesting decks there Marco.

But where is the Collaro 2020 rim drive deck? - a serious rival to the Garrard 301 in its day. I used to have one, after my Garrard SP25. I removed the awful Collaro arm and replaced it with an SME 3009. And then I discovered the Thorens TD124/II .....!

Talking of which, I just love the photos of the Thorens fitted with an EMT 997 ("Banana") arm, even though it is using some usurper of a cartridge mounted in an ADC headshell! And the one of the Thorens fitted with the Acoustical "All-balance arm" (Jobo). Nice!
    Hi Barry cant help with a 2020 but just finished fettling this 4200 for my daughter,

Paul.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by loo View Post
    Hi Barry cant help with a 2020 but just finished fettling this 4200 for my daughter,

Paul.
    My 2020 looked very similar to that - it too had 4 speeds. It was originally cream coloured, but I had it resprayed semi-matt black, like yours. The only fettling I did was to replace the switch capacitor and 'tweak' the motor suspension - apart from replacing Collaro's own arm with an SME.
    Barry

I'm paul.

Seems fettling has the same meaning to us both , as that's all I've done to this, fitted a Grace 940 instead of an SME though
    Paul

+ Reply to Thread