+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dual 1019 Pictures

I'm Dan.

Default Dual 1019 Pictures

Hi

I recently bought this TT & VERY HAPPY i am too with it it has the manuals too & arm booklet plus original plinth as you can see its in time warp condition had it professionally looked at there was no problems it works fully & tested. Arm set up correctly with an ortofon OM5E and i got to say it sounds fantastic with my Yamaha CR 820 & Mission 770 "S" Speakers it needs a new place on the rack and i need to park the sansui elsewhere

Anyway chaps there you go
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pre & Power
    Technics SUC 909U & Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Front Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2
    Rear Satellite Loudspeakers
    Wharfedale DX 1

I'm Dan.

These decks not popular on the AOS then
    Pre & Power
    Turntable
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Front Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2
    Wharfedale DX 1

I'm Dave.

Looks like a nice clean example Dan. I bet it sounds nice as well.

I love the retro look...
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    These decks not popular on the AOS then
    Oh - I wouldn't say that. One long-standing AoS member, DSJR is an oft-quoted fan of Dual TTs. So you're not alone.
    Barry

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Yeah, it's a great old auto deck and the arm will take surprisingly good cartridges too - only lack of VTA adjustment would prevent some serious cartridges being considered, however.....

Make sure the motor is properly suspended and the wires aren't fouling anything - made a difference to my 1229 when I had one - and keep the idler clean.

Main bearing can be lubed with a few drops of good old EP80 if the Dual original is unavailable. Really close tolerances on these make the better auto Garrards of the period (AP75/SL75/SL95) seem like cheap, thrown-together toys in comparison.

Adding a decent mat on top of the stuck-on original may add 2 - 5mm to the effective platter height. I love cork for these old idler models (including my Garrards), but a couple of Acrylic from ebay (£45 tops) or a good used 5mm Funk one? should also be fine.

The audo mech is also fine and gentle. Just raise the arm on the cueing lever first before engaging the auto-start. The arm will then lower onto the record via the cueing device rather than more abruptly as it does in standard auto mode

Lovely old deck this one. Enjoy it
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Abdulrahman.

I Have both 1019 and 1229
    Those are the best Dual have made ever in 60-70 era
    Cassette Deck:
    Nak. ZX-9, Dragon, Sony TC-K555ES, TC-FX6, TC-K77R, TC-160, Pioneer Elite CT-07D, CT-F700, CT-W404R

R2R: Sony TC-580, Aiwa TP-708, Revox B77 MKii

TT:Technics SL-1210M5G, PHILIPS 133 PORTABLE, MARANTZ TTS1, DUAL CS406, DENON DP-47F, Thorens TD-146, Thorens TD-290, AR-XA, PIONEER PL-530, REGA RP 6, Dual 1019 (2), Dual 1229, Pioneer PL-530 & PL-570, Denon DP-A100, Threns TD-125 MKII, Kenwood KD-750

Amp.:Pioneer VSX- 515

CD: TASCAM CD-RW-901SL

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Yeah, it's a great old auto deck and the arm will take surprisingly good cartridges too - only lack of VTA adjustment would prevent some serious cartridges being considered, however.....

Make sure the motor is properly suspended and the wires aren't fouling anything - made a difference to my 1229 when I had one - and keep the idler clean.

Main bearing can be lubed with a few drops of good old EP80 if the Dual original is unavailable. Really close tolerances on these make the better auto Garrards of the period (AP75/SL75/SL95) seem like cheap, thrown-together toys in comparison.

Adding a decent mat on top of the stuck-on original may add 2 - 5mm to the effective platter height. I love cork for these old idler models (including my Garrards), but a couple of Acrylic from ebay (£45 tops) or a good used 5mm Funk one? should also be fine.

The audo mech is also fine and gentle. Just raise the arm on the cueing lever first before engaging the auto-start. The arm will then lower onto the record via the cueing device rather than more abruptly as it does in standard auto mode

Lovely old deck this one. Enjoy it
    Which model do I have..

I'm jagtar.

Default Dual 1019

I think the Dual 1019 is very highly regarded by Dr Dual, not sure if I am allowed to but his link is here:http://www.doctordual.ca/ and has a very polished one to display.
    Personally I have a Dual 1229 in beautiful condition awaiting to be called to active duty but will happen soon. Bought it recently because of hearing one a few years ago and I was very impressed and decided to look out for a clean one just for the collection.

The other Dual I have and like is the CS731Q which is a direct drive with ultra low mass arm, sounds very nice even with the standard cartridge it comes with. I am getting the Dual bug, great turntables and I think generally understimated probably because they look a bit dated but I would say classic in their appearance but the performace is excellent if they are set up properly and all fine and dandy.

I'm Dan.

Hi Jag

I must admit its a great TT for the money not well respected as the Garrards or Thorens of this world but its still up there i like the look and German engineering. Its a budget deck but give it time i think it will go up in value. I need to buy another rack for it though.

The last one is the states sold for: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUAL-1019-...item25869c4157

Thanks
    Dan
    Pre & Power
    Turntable
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Front Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2
    Wharfedale DX 1

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Dave W, you have a 1019 as the OP

The 701 which I changed my 1229 to is also a good one sonically and better for some reason than the similar 704 which replaced it. It behaves more like a belt drive though as the torque isn't too high and the servos very gentle with no overshoot but vinyl -roar is kept well down (I have a Space-mat on top of the original and there's no motor harmonics coming through as the Dual idler models have, albeit at very low levels.

Thing is Dan, that peeps here will ignore references to any 'auto' deck, as being automatic, they can't possibly have any 'HiFi' aspirations... Just enjoy your 1019 and smile smugly to yourself
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast