+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Regrets....

I'm gone.

Thiel CS2.3 - great speakers. They saw off quite a lot of boxswap pretenders, including a pair of Yammie 1000M that I sold on to someone around here .....

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    You had the TC-7510 those days .
    How do you know that?

I'm fuckoff.

Jerry, did the top ones come loose over time?

I'm george.

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Managed to give away two EMI Stereoscope 555s. I know I had them, but I have absoutely no recollection of where they went or why

Reminds me of the EMI turntable with trolly stand from a radio station I worked for that I gave away because I had no room(but had in the garage!!!)

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by realysm42 View Post
    Jerry, did the top ones come loose over time?
    come loose? - no, but you had to be careful not to bump into them.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    How do you know that?
    It's on the floor under the cabinet.

I have a set of those Thiel speakers. The passive bass speakers are incapable of producing the bass from the BM2 with the same accuracy and speed as the NS1000M. So I can't use them with heavy bass music. Looking for a buyer who can collect because of that.

I'm Michael.

Default Regrets - The short list

1. Trading in my Ion Obelisk 3 / X-Pak / FMT-1 for some Linn Kit - 1996

2. Dumping 2 pairs of B & W DM70's to make room in my garage for a custom built BMW R100R on my return from China - 2004

3. Selling the above R100R for a 'song' when I thought I was moving back permanently to China - 2010

4. Selling my original Quad 33 / 303 / FM3 / AM3 plus a Quad 34 / 306 / FM4 plus a Pair of Royd Edens plus a Roksan Xerxes / Artimiz / Chorus Black - again as above - 2010

5. Not selling all my Linn kit instead of the above - 2010

The only 'up-side' to this sorry tale is that I didn't part with my Garrard, my Thoren's and my BMW R100GS P.D., and this year I have managed to acquire a Quad 44 / 405-2 / FM4 to partner the 401 & the TD124, so at least I have something to remind me of the 'good old days'.

Mike Kelshaw

I'm Martyn.

Regrets?
    Not keeping a pair of Audiomaster LS3/5as. Not for the sound, but for the fact I could now sell them for twice the £700 I got a few years ago...

I'm Nodrog.

Too right I have some regrets but then again, only two to mention.

Yamaha Tuner amp - forget the number, I think CR600 - so lovely looking and sounded fine, keep seeing them on eBay and get tempted
    Quad33/50Ds/FM3 to fund a CD rebuild that didn't work. Not quite true, it worked for about three days.

Being happy with the system for so long has meant that upgraditus has been avoided.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by mjkelshaw;

1. [B
    Trading in my Ion Obelisk 3 / X-Pak / FMT-1 for some Linn Kit - 1996[/B]

2. Dumping 2 pairs of B & W DM70's to make room in my garage for a custom built BMW R100R on my return from China - 2004

3. Selling the above R100R for a 'song' when I thought I was moving back permanently to China - 2010

4. Selling my original Quad 33 / 303 / FM3 / AM3 plus a Quad 34 / 306 / FM4 plus a Pair of Royd Edens plus a Roksan Xerxes / Artimiz / Chorus Black - again as above - 2010

5. Not selling all my Linn kit instead of the above - 2010

The only 'up-side' to this sorry tale is that I didn't part with my Garrard, my Thoren's and my BMW R100GS P.D., and this year I have managed to acquire a Quad 44 / 405-2 / FM4 to partner the 401 & the TD124, so at least I have something to remind me of the 'good old days'.

Mike Kelshaw
    Tragedy Michael!

I have an ion Obelisk from that era here at the moment and it's a cracking amplifier.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast