+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Regrets....

I'm Craig.

Default Regrets....

Having spotted certain things in the classifieds, it prompted me to ask if you've any regrets on not buying bits of Hifi whilst it was there.

I had the chance to buy some Spendor SP1's and 3's at the totally barmy price of £40 when the radio station I worked for had a refurb.

Oh, that and giving away some Cambridge R40 and R50 speakers free of charge to free up some space in the garage!
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Stephen.

Selling my Mission 770's to buy Linn Kans when I was a neophyte Linn/Naim fan boy

Steve
    Always a little further

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    Selling my Mission 770's to buy Linn Kans when I was a neophyte Linn/Naim fan boy

Steve
    Oh dear, my sympathies on that one

I'm Stephen.

I know. With a nod to my rose tinted ears I have really fond memories of that system - Rega P3/R100 - Crimson Electric 510/530 mono blocks - Mission 770's.
    Was a junior doc living in residence at Roehampton hospital - happy days

Steve
    Always a little further

I'm Adam.

I'm sure I've told this one before, but there was an arm on a stall at my local car boot sale for £40 when I was about 14 and my pocket money wouldn't stretch that far, nor did my grandfather (who was with me) have enough money on him.

I went home very sad because, even at 14, I was a turntable geek and consequently recognised a very early round gimbal SME3012 with an Ortofon SPU when I saw it...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

synsei Guest

Not so many regrets regarding equipment, however I do deserve to be tied to a post and soundly flogged for giving away almost my entire vinyl collection in the early 90's, some 2000 albums and countless 7" &12" singles...
    Last edited by synsei; 02-10-2013 at 13:34.

I'm fuckoff.

Dave - ouch!

I've no regrets as my older stereos weren't great and I plan to stick with what I've got for a good while now.

I guess there's plenty of time to get it wrong in the future though...

I'm Shane.

Managed to give away two EMI Stereoscope 555s. I know I had them, but I have absoutely no recollection of where they went or why

Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by realysm42 View Post
    Dave - ouch!

I've no regrets as my older stereos weren't great and I plan to stick with what I've got for a good while now.

I guess there's plenty of time to get it wrong in the future though...
    Thanks Martin, I am a prize numpty. Back then I thought CD was king.

My problem now is that I have got to a stage where I am loath to introduce new kit into my system in case I ruin what I have, which sounds pretty damn good. Having said that, as good as the DM2's are, I am confident my system can handle better speakers, therefore if there are going to be any changes in the future then it will be in this department. But... What if that change turns out to be a step backwards?
    Last edited by synsei; 02-10-2013 at 14:01.

I'm James.

There's only one way forward Dave.... Stacked DM2's !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast