+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LDR Preamp Single and 3 Input Kit

I'm Chris.

Hi
    Stereo Coffee LDR Preamp Kits, http://stores.ebay.com.au/stereo-coffee is early next week releasing a small but important update to our control board. As well as new boards from today onwards ,we will be of course updating for free all of our existing customers with new control boards including shipping cost, ie our customers pay nothing.

We invite our customers to contribute to the forum with their thoughts and findings with this update, delivery we anticipate should occur toward end of November.

Regards / Chris and Dorothy

I'm Martin.

I'll hopefully be picking up my completed LDR pre-amp from my double E this Saturday so will let you all know my thoughts at some point next week.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm rupert.

Hi Macca, have you had a chance to test the LDR ? I was thinking of getting one myself. Thank's

I'm Martin.

No, it is still in the pro shop waiting for them to put it together

I'll pop in later and see if he's done it but I doubt it. Typical really they have f**k all to do most of the year and I when I want a job doing suddenly they are overwhelmed with work.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm rupert.

soooo ? any success in getting the job done ? ;-)

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by r100 View Post
    soooo ? any success in getting the job done ? ;-)
    Nope. Saw him friday it is still on his to do list. It's a pro shop so they have to put that work first. They have done a few small jobs for me in the past for free so i'm not complaining. I'm still hoping to get it in the next week or two.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm rupert.

Default LDR Preamp Single and 3 Input Kit

Thanks for the feedback. I also got an update from Tortuga Audio recently who will be launching their balanced LDR pre soon. They also offer a DIY kit with two boards, one acting as a "slave board". I'm looking forward to that too as it really looks very promising. Cheers !!

I'm Martin.

No probs. I will post up my impressions when I finally get it.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm rupert.

'k thank's

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

Quote Originally Posted by r100 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I also got an update from Tortuga Audio recently who will be launching their balanced LDR pre soon. They also offer a DIY kit with two boards, one acting as a "slave board". I'm looking forward to that too as it really looks very promising. Cheers !!
    With the right circuit, you can implement a balanced version with just a stereo pair.. It involves blending the hot and cold in order to attenuate the levels on both at the same time.

With a matched quad control, you need to have that quad absolutely perfect else when the balanced signal is converted to single ended at the final stage, you'll have a signal with spurious parts of the signal removed via slight mismatching of the hot and cold attenuation and dependant on volume level too. But hey, I guess that applies to how the balanced signal is made in the first place - really need a transformer or digital 180' phase difference.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast