+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LDR Preamp Single and 3 Input Kit

I'm rupert.

Default LDR Preamp Single and 3 Input Kit

hi Chris, could you supply a balanced kit with all components including LDR's ( except case and psu) to Switzerland ex EU? price ? thanks

I'm Chris.

Hi Rupert

We have made available our EU markets stand alone kit at http://www.stereocoffee.com full instructions are supplied, as well as our 24/7 customer service help.
    With our stand alone kit you will have to place and solder in each LDR to the supplied circuit board. approximate construction time is 3 hours. suggested is a vice for holding the board, a temperature controlled iron and a magnifying lamp.

I will get a letter underway similar to the UK NMO one asking the Swiss ROHS authority if OK to supply built kits, if this much DIY is not what you had in mind.

To achieve a one stereo input balanced kit you will need 2x these stand alone kits, with the pot supplied being a dual, rather than the single pot for unbalanced. We will source a dual gang bourns that is suitable and supply it instead of the single model.

For balanced you will need 8x matched LDRs with each quad matching to the other quad, these being for Hot ( 4x LDR ) and Cold (4xLDR) matched pairs, please allow 3 days for matching of your LDR's
    Pairs of LDRs matched ( and understanding with your order you need match of each quad ) are $22.00 each.

So pricing that includes postage will be: $190.00 + $ 88.00 = $278.00 which is USD

We look forward to getting this underway for you.

Cheers / Chris
    Last edited by Light Dependant Resistor; 05-07-2014 at 03:15.

I'm rupert.

Hi Chris, thank´s for the breakdown. I will get back to you via your website... cheers

I'm Chris.

Some news:

We are carefully looking at the decisions being made by the European Union as to Cds optocouplers being what now appears as non exempt in draft paper July 2014. However as we observe if parts are available with stockists there appears sensible allowance for spares to be stocked. There is change being made from ROHS1 to ROHS2 and its hard for us to discern if audio optocouplers are or are not to be given new exemption with ROHS2. On one hand they are non exempt in ROHS1 , but ROHS2 may exempt them again, this should become clearer in August 2014.

In late June we made available our stand alone kit to suit this circumstance, so if you wanted to put one of our kits together you could still do so with lots of help with matching from us which we know is not too popular . We can still supply as distributors of these parts per the two letters we obtained, one from the National Measurements Office and the other from the EU, but we will abide by the ROHS 2 directive if it is worded as audio optocouplers as non exempt.

Alternative parts
    We have put in order for 62 of the Fairchild H11F1M , which is a photo fet optocoupler, its a strange part as it needs lots of resistance prior to it, but it may suit our control board very well, so these will be in and being tested late next week. They will have to equal or exceed ( if thats possible ) audio performance we presently get from the NSL32SR2s

We would like forum members to start using our website http://www.stereocoffee.com that links through to Paypal via shoplocket, as maintaining store costs elsewhere has been very expensive for us.

Cheers / Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234