+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Optical leads

I'm tony.

Just plumbed in the newly arrived Beresford optical.......Its the best I have heard so far. Might have to give it a good listen on the system tonight, for purely scientific reasons of course!

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Just plumbed in the newly arrived Beresford optical......
    Blimey, you got them already? You only paid for them this morning...

I'm tony.

Aye, thanks Stan.

Got the power leads wired up to a bike battery 3 amp inline fuse on the positive......one to a bantum the other to the BM.......The BM wasnt happy and dropped out after half a song......I aint risking it!!!!! Put the BM back on the recommended camcorder battery that's been faultless.

Bantum runs just fine....so does two driving temple audio mono blocks!!!!!!

Making fine music driving Spendor SP1s.

(PLEASE DON'T START SELLING SHOES AND HANDBAGS!!!.......)

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Craig what are you using with BM MK2 ? Have you tried the optical against the co-ax.......reasonably priced optical s in my system sound really good.

Always used co-ax in the past but will try to get one of the Scottish troops across with a top notch lead to compare.-(in the interests of Science,of course!)
    My coax is a Belden Canare thing that was well received a few years back now, I recall everyone that had one gave it a good reception, but I'm now going to stick in the QED Toslink in and see what I think.
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Craig.

Just listening to my new favourite test track, a young lady called Lucy Ward, she's from Derby not that far away from me, and it's a song called I cannot say I will not speak.
    Sounding close at the moment, but I've yet to go back onto the coax......
    Bluesound Node 2i
    B&W DM607 s2
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Craig.

Possibly the optical cable j u s t beats the coax, but it's bloody close requiring some eyes closed and concentrating type listening, which many will say if you have to do that it's not that much better.......
    Bluesound Node 2i
    B&W DM607 s2
    Klotz ic’s

I'm tony.

I have a QED one in the surround amp, might have a play but must admit haven't tried a really good co-ax yet. Thanks for giving it a go!!!!

I'm Craig.

More listening with very familiar songs has me thinking the opti cable is actually the better one......detail is incredible....
    Bluesound Node 2i
    B&W DM607 s2
    Klotz ic’s

I'm tony.

really didn't want to colour your judgement......But, I came to the same conclusion.
    Might be an idea to send £15 Stans way, this optical works in great synergy with the MK2 best sound I have produced from my system or cans so far.

I'm Steven.

I ordered a decently priced SonicWave glass toslink to challenge my Mike Homar/WBT plugged coax. I will post my findings here after receiving/testing it, but at this moment I find it hard to imagine that the toslink will perform better.

While I am at it, I may switch the Beresford TC 3618 toslink that now connects my DVD to the BM Mk2 to compare it with the glass one. I use the SBT as my main transport.
    Yamaha - Pioneer - Bluesound - Squeezebox - Beresford - Chario - MJ Acoustics - iBasso

Yamaha RX-V1300 * Bluesound Node 2 * Pioneer DV-656A SACD/DVDA * Squeezebox Touch + BotW linear psu + SBooster * Bushmaster Mk2 + Beresford Dorado * Beresford Capella * Chario Syntar 200T (front) + Chario Syntar 200 (rear) + Chario Syntar Dialoque (center) * MJ Acoustics Pro50 (sub) * LG OLED 55C8 * iBasso D2+ * beyerdynamic DT990/250 * Belkin AV 53001 speaker cables * Mark Grant G1000HD ic * Silver High Breed ic * Mike Homar WBT'ed digital coax * Beresford TRC-222 digital coax * Supra USB * Beresford TC 3618 toslink

Steven

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast