+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The twisted weird Tree in Scotland....

I'm Nick.

A friend of mine wrote a book about Yew trees, lore, botanics, history, culture. They are amazing trees, and his book is excellent I might add Anyone interested could do worse than check it out! http://www.oxbowbooks.com/bookinfo.cfm/ID/33491
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Confused.

Smile

Hi,
    I came upon this thread by accident (browsing 'Recent Posts') and it struck a chord (no (sound) pun intended ). Regular readers may recall that I promised to post some of my holiday snaps from Zakynthos if I got some good responses to my 'Sounstage CD' thread - as all responses have been very interesting and one in particular (you know who you are !!) has been most helpful, and some of my snaps are of old, twisted and gnarled Olive trees, I thought that this thread was the ideal opportunity to do so.
    So, unless someone tells me to start my own 'Twisted Olive Tree in Zakynthos' thread, I will try to upload some pics on this thread tomorrow.
    You have been warned - if you want 'twisted', I'll give you twisted !!
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave&Sue View Post
    So, unless someone tells me to start my own 'Twisted Olive Tree in Zakynthos' thread, I will try to upload some pics on this thread tomorrow.
    Dave - have no fear about starting your own thread. Other members will find it easier to see that something new is going on, albeit still tree related You could always post a link back to this thread so people know what inspired yours!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12