+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MQn

I'm Tony.

Was listening to Jplay using River on my 2nd system this morning using one laptop and it is still very good. Wanted to compare it to MQn but unfortunately even though track will load no music sounding. That bloody HP laptop is painful. Any other laptop or PC I have used or come across will happily load an operating system from usb but not this yoke. I5 less than a year old 8gb of ram!

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by tonerei View Post
    Was listening to Jplay using River on my 2nd system this morning using one laptop and it is still very good. Wanted to compare it to MQn but unfortunately even though track will load no music sounding. That bloody HP laptop is painful. Any other laptop or PC I have used or come across will happily load an operating system from usb but not this yoke. I5 less than a year old 8gb of ram!
    My HP Envy i5 8GB 1TB wouldn't run MQn at first. I changed directory, edited the path in the bat and it works....not sure why though. Also the HP doesn't like the opimisation script from the jplay forum, it ends up being non-bootable.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by tonerei View Post
    After a busy week getting to try out a new version.It's now at 52. Wow is the only word.Scary stuff. I have spent a bit on meicord ethernet cable and setting up Jplay streaming but this is how I would imagine a Lampizator Level5 sounding like. It has all the detail but great body and warm analogue sound. I never thought I would be suggesting Jplay is thin sounding in comparison (now please don't think that means Jplay aint up to much it is excellent this is just better) Anyone interested in CA has to try this. I would be curious what TT heads think of this comparing to their turntable. Don't have any so can't compare.
    I've just compared MQn to my two record decks.

MQn 2.53 SSE4 intel rax cp is very good! I compared to 301/London Reference/Vinyl Song phonostage and Salvation/Transfiguration Spirit/Nighthawk phonostage. The 301 fared worst, the bass wasn't as detailed and didn't spread across the soundstage, detail levels were down, some of this will be due to the Vinyl Song but the VS suits the Ref best so it's what I use. Salvation/Spirt/NH was very similar in overall detail to MQn and really very similar overall. If anything MQn was more controlled but there's f-all in it in overall SQ and emotional connection.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side

I'm paul.

I have always wanted to hear a trans-fi salvation such an interesting deck and value too, if it beat your 301 seems my suspicions were right .
    Some lovely stuff you have Clive.
    Paul

I'm Clive.

Thank Paul. I'm pretty much settled on my system though I will always consider cartridge options and phonostages.

The 301 was improved considerably with the NWA bearing but even so the Salvation when compared directly is a more accurate deck extracting more from the groove. As a starting point the Salvation is ideal, it you want a soft romantic sound or bleading edge details then use a suitable cartridge and phonostage to deliver what you need. The 301 has more of a signature of its own so it's not quite so tuneable.

MQn is just amazing, to get 16/44.1 playback this good without esoteric kit and it being comparable to top flight deck is tremendous.

I'm Tony.

Glad Clive it is not just me having issues with HP laptops. But sure who cares once 2.53 exists. A year chasing perfection with Jplay with zuma,linear supplies/batteries and 2012 core server on usb keys and this guy comes out of nowhere and develops a program that is simply perfection. If he retires now it doesn't matter as the legacy I think will be very hard to beat.
    Really hope he gets hi res to work for my JKCUíNAS Dac. It is surreal that what seems a very simple program can perform at such a high level.

I'm Andrei.

Default MQn

Have just run version 2.59 on an Intel i7. This is a bit spooky. I am currently playing from memory in Foobar with Fidelizer. MQn is better - not a hang of a lot but clearly better. The soundtrack to the movie Amalie has a track where there a lot of triangles. For the first time I could hear that they do not always decay evenly. I don't know who this guy is but he seems to proving that less is more.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
    The soundtrack to the movie Amalie has a track where there a lot of triangles. For the first time I could hear that they do not always decay evenly. I don't know who this guy is but he seems to proving that less is more.
    Which track exactly is it? I wouldn't mind listening to it via my BM2.

I'm Andrei.

Try La Valse D'Amélie (orchesta version) - should be Track 11. Vibraphone, not triangles, they have lovely overtones and a long decay.

sbgk the developer of MQn has been banned from the CA (Computer Audiophile) forum! Can't for the life of me see how he could have upset anyone. His posts on this development can be found at http://www.tirnahifi.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2418
    Last edited by Andrei; 08-10-2013 at 04:31. Reason: Breaking News
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
    Try La Valse D'Amélie (orchesta version) - should be Track 11. Vibraphone, not triangles, they have lovely overtones and a long decay.
    Thanks. I shall try to get my hands on it.

sbgk the developer of MQn has been banned from the CA (Computer Audiophile) forum! Can't for the life of me see how he could have upset anyone. His posts on this development can be found at http://www.tirnahifi.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2418
    They banned me as well and made a big scene of it after I questioned some of the claims surrounding async USB. So I suspect that it is a site protected by commercial interest such as advertisers. Many others also operates a similar scheme in order to protect their commercial interest holders. The only free and fair way left on forums to learn about new ground breaking products, and for up and coming developers to get a chance to let the world know about it, now appears to be just The Art of Sound. No wonder that search engines list AoS at the top of their searches when someone is looking for technical information on many HIFI related products. It puts the credibility of a lot of these audio related forums at stake.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast