+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MQn

MartinT Guest

Many AMD processors also support the SSE extensions (for instance, this here X4 975). You can use the CPU-ID (previously CPU-Z) utility to check your CPU's capabilities.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post

The foibles above will be fixed in time but focus for now is SQ, which is fabulous, well mostly fabulous as of course some of the methods tried are not always keepers.
    Clive's description is very accurate. To download it requires tiny amount of space. 4 exe's sit in one folder. As Clive outlined just like Jplay copy but don't paste just open the MQNBAT file and you get a windows command prompt and the tracks load and play. It is a bit like Jplay was in the beginning. Don't want to go mad on praising it but the SQ from the latest version I tried 2.44 is really impressive. I think it maybe well ahead of Jplay but of course can't play hires and functionality is not there yet. But if holding an ipad is of no interest to you this looks like the future.

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Many AMD processors also support the SSE extensions (for instance, this here X4 975). You can use the CPU-ID (previously CPU-Z) utility to check your CPU's capabilities.
    My main system is an intel i7, but my office PC is an AMD PhenomII. I will give it a go and report.

I s'pose it's too early for someone to have compared it with Fidelizer??
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm ILOB.

I heard Jplay against Fidelizer thought Jplay was a step up I enjoy MQn in terms of sound over Jplay
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Clive.

I've not tried MQn with Fidelizer yet. IIRC there's some way Fidelizer interacts with setting of the cpu timeslice that MQn doesn't need or prefer. Jplay does this too so it's better to stop the Jplay service or deinstall it when trying MQn. There seems to be a philosophical difference with MQn. Jplay drives cpus hard and essentially takes over the machine as much as possible. MQn is light touch and lets you do other things in // on your PC. Whilst tuning your pc seems to improve SQ with MQn, it's not as important as it is with Jplay.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Gary.

...trying it tonight on the new server.
    I found Fidelizer added to the quality when run with Jplay, wonder if this will be the same.

System a bit up and down atm with the new stuff plumbed in, should get an idea of it though.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 25-09-2013 at 18:40.

I'm Robert.

Just played a track with it, then played the same track with XXHE. Think I'm still favouring XXHE, similar to jplay there seems to be still a small lack of physicality there, bass is nice and solid but lacking a little shape and texture. Will give it some more time.
    Rob

I'm ILOB.

There quite a lot of versions Robert so worth playing around with.
    I think MQn is still developing rapidly
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

I'm Tony.

After a busy week getting to try out a new version.It's now at 52. Wow is the only word.Scary stuff. I have spent a bit on meicord ethernet cable and setting up Jplay streaming but this is how I would imagine a Lampizator Level5 sounding like. It has all the detail but great body and warm analogue sound. I never thought I would be suggesting Jplay is thin sounding in comparison (now please don't think that means Jplay aint up to much it is excellent this is just better) Anyone interested in CA has to try this. I would be curious what TT heads think of this comparing to their turntable. Don't have any so can't compare.

I'm ILOB.

ITs very close to what a really good TT will do still have a slight preference for the Salvation but agree with your findings Toni. Fot me most of my music is digital and this as you say has more body and warmth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast