+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody into Classic Cars?!...

Thumbs up Anybody into Classic Cars?!...

If so, post up a few pics if you like!!!

There's a local car show every Friday evening here in town that I try to get out to as much as possible, so I have plenty of pics, and will be shooting more as time progresses.

I'll start off with a few "abstract" shots for now...

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yes, Charles. Great pictures, let's see more!

My wife's got a 1971 Morris Minor Traveller and loves it to bits. Got any pics of Moggies?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm ChrisB.

I've got a Triumph Dolomite Sprint that's currently acting as the worlds fastest garden mulch!

Alright, here's a few more for now. More to come...

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Truly awesome photography, Charles - and wonderful cars! Those cars have soul, unlike most of the non-descript modern crap today.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Brian.

WONDERFUL pics! HAd a few Maserati 3500 2+2 in the early 70s. Mainly sold these on, also a very rare Mistrale 4.0 litre - wonderful mechanics - lousy electrics. For sheer high laundry bills a special(ish) Trident Clipper with a full Shelby tuned blueprinted engine! Almost a dragster - but Healy 3000 cornering and brakes! It once had a clutchplate sheer off and - fortunatly - it all stayed inside the bellhousing which was heavy stainless steel. That could take on late 60s big nasty jap bikes at the lights! Fun it was in central London.

When I was a teenager (early 1960s) had half share in AUY 66 which was the Morgan (4+4) team car at Le Mans, and at least once won the thermal index for its class. in the late 30s and she also won the Scottish Rally outright. Unfortunately it had an engine warp which meant that 3000 rpm took the white metal out of the bearings. Replaced the CC engine with a MGA 1600 Twin cam stage 5 ex racing engine + ZF 5 speed straight cut box. It easily out accelerated anything on the road in those days! BUT hit a bit of rough road and the fan went through the rad.

I now thank God for my 9th Audiout of 11 cars, a 2.7T quattro A6 Avant....only 65000 miles and goes like hell in total comfort, 35 mpg on long sensible journeys, 22 at worst on just local short runs.

HAD MANY OTHER SO CALLED CLASSICS, Lancia 3C Flaminia Zagato, AM DB4 & DB6 ....BUT THE REAL CLASSICS ARE ITALIAN,BEAUTIFUL, FINICKY AND VERY VERY EXPENSIVE - THESE DAYS. I never paid more than a grand for one....but that was all thirty years or more ago.
    Last edited by SP10; 17-05-2009 at 22:35.

I'm ChrisB.

Your photos, by the way, are just fantastic

Thanks for all the great complements. I suppose they came out pretty decent. The last batch I took a couple weeks ago I think came out better, but I still have to upload them to my site. Maybe I'll get those going later tonight.

I'm Neil.

Very nice photos Charles. These cars have soul...pure class.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm steve.

I've what i call now my retirement project.. a '37 morgan 4/4, i rebuilt the engine around 8 years ago now.. the rest is in boxes... i went through a stage of restoring classic bikes.. i still have a 77 laverda 1200.. but its the only one left out of a collection that peaked at 10 old bikes..

cheers steve
    collector and DIY user of old british triode valves

Open baffles / single ended diy px4 and px25 valve amps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast