+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: 1210 - Journey to audionirvana @ PT

I'm Kevin.

The MCRU supplied LDA PSU is an easy fit. You only need to solder one connection, and there are clear instructions here on this forum.
    I am wondering what difference a higher spec PSU really makes. It has to be an area of severely diminishing returns, after all it's not in the signal path.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Jonathan.

Hey, thought on at least share with you a few fotos of my techie

uploadfromtaptalk1423525184245.jpguploadfromtaptalk1423525213537.jpg

I'm Jonathan.

In another angle with the gorgeous Rowland preamp!

By the way, I have on stupid question.

Using the Denon HA-1000 with the EAR 384p stage and Denon DL-103SA, I should choose which options on the HA?

MC24db or MC36db? 100kHz cutoff or not?

uploadfromtaptalk1423525286929.jpg

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiff_Needle View Post
    Hey, thought on at least share with you a few fotos of my techie

uploadfromtaptalk1423525184245.jpguploadfromtaptalk1423525213537.jpg
    Looks good, Jonathan! However, you've made one fatal error... You're still using the Technics rubber mat, which is a serious no-no

I recommend that you change it at once for an SDS Isoplatmat/Funk-Firm Achromat combination, or Trans-Fi Resomat, (the first to damp the platter from ringing, and the latter to interface with the record itself), which will combine to release much more music from your T/T, and transform its performance accordingly!

However....... If you're planning on replacing the Technics platter soon, with a Mike New ETP, then live with the rubber mat until then, and simply buy a Resomat to place on top of the Technics rubber mat, as the Isoplatmat will become redundant when an ETP platter is in use (essentially because there will be no damping required).

The Resomat will also be effective in conjunction with the ETP, therefore that can be retained and put to good use.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Jonathan.

Thanks for the advice Marco.

I'm actually holding this due to the fact that I'm considering going for a MN platter in the future.

No problem. However, the purchase of a Resomat will make a considerable difference, when used with the Technics platter (and rubber mat), as well as work well with the Mike New ETP platter, when you get it, so it's somewhat of a no-brainer

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Jonathan.

Hey there,

Just to let you know on the latest consequence of the upgraditis sindrome.

I have a Nagaoka GL-602 Crystal Turntable Mat on it's way home

Apparently I'll be the first receiving the new version of the Crystal Mat.

Next stop, ETP Platter + bearing or PH PSU!?!? Decisions, decisions...

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiff_Needle View Post
    Apparently I'll be the first receiving the new version of the Crystal Mat.
    Tell us more. I thought the 602 was discontinued some time ago...

Indeed. Good result though, Jonathan, if you've managed to get one. IME, they're the best mat to use with an ETP platter, by some margin!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Jonathan.

Hi guys... wow this Nagaoka GL-602 bring some hight to the table!

I'm still with the original plate.

How should I put it, on top of the rubber?

By the way, what's the weight that you reccomend for the counter-weight?

I'm using the DL-103SA with a AT-LH18/OCC with a Jelco SA-750D with the higher mass counter-weight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast