+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: 1210 - Journey to audionirvana @ PT

I'm Jonathan.

I've tough on going through that path, but for now I really would like to solve this issue.

I've been in contact with the UK distributor but so far it seams the only path would be to ship it to Japan for an inspection. Doesn't seem an option as in between shipping costs, custom taxes and repair, it would be too costly.

Warranty is void has it was bought it nearly two years ago, and in the UK (where I bought if from) warranty only covers a year (as opposed to two in Portugal).

I've been trying to find out a technician in Portugal that could have a look at it but so far the feedback I receive is that it should be handled by an official Jelco tech. support. Something about tight specs, opening amd closing procedures, wire and solder type and weight and so forth.

Any of you guys know of anyone in the UK that could have a look at it?

This is really an unpleasant situation.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiff_Needle View Post
    I've tough on going through that path, but for now I really would like to solve this issue.

I've been in contact with the UK distributor but so far it seams the only path would be to ship it to Japan for an inspection. Doesn't seem an option as in between shipping costs, custom taxes and repair, it would be too costly.

Warranty is void has it was bought it nearly two years ago, and in the UK (where I bought if from) warranty only covers a year (as opposed to two in Portugal).

I've been trying to find out a technician in Portugal that could have a look at it but so far the feedback I receive is that it should be handled by an official Jelco tech. support. Something about tight specs, opening amd closing procedures, wire and solder type and weight and so forth.

Any of you guys know of anyone in the UK that could have a look at it?

This is really an unpleasant situation.
    Actually that isn't so, in UK consumer law and in EU law the protection is longer, but its not straight forward to pursue it.

This article explains http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...ty-EU-law.html
    Regards Neil

I'm Anthony.

How about asking Johnny7 of AUDIO ORIGAMI ?
    He fixed my Alphason HR100S MC back to like new.....
    Very nice chap to deal with, fair price for his time and skill.....

Anthony
    My system:

Kenwood KD600/ Alphason HR100S MCS/ Audio Technica ATOC9Mk3 or Technics SL1210/ KAB bearing mod/KAB TD1200 fluid damper/Sumiko HS12 headshell/ Audio Technica ATOC9Mk2

Icon Audio PS3Mk2 phono stage (or Primare R32 phono stage plus Beyerdynamic SUT), KAB RF-1 rumble filter, Icon audio LA4 Mk3 preamp, Icon Audio MB90Mk2m mono blocks, Solid Tech Rack of Silence 4, Tannoy Glenair 10 speakers, Nordost Leif series Red dawn and Blue heaven interconnects, Neotech 3002 speaker cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627