+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I/C: XTZ AP100 Power amp

I'm Dave.

Default I/C: XTZ AP100 Power amp

I've been trying out a new valve amp recently and I think I might stick with it, so if I do I'll probably have to let my lovely AP100 go to a new home to free up some cash and space.
    It's the silver version which you can see and read about here: LINK

I've been using this for just over a year and it's in mint condition. I still have the original box and manual etc.
    It's a lovely amp that will drive most speakers with ease with about 50W in class A mode and 110W in class AB mode at 8 ohms (180W at 4 Ohms & 350W at 2 Ohms!). It can also be bridged into mono and has phono and balanced XLR inputs.

I've found it to be a very enjoyable and versatile amp that's worked well with everything I've thrown at it. Its worked well with my passive "preamp" but would probably work even better with a good active preamp. It does run rather hot in class A mode (which is to be expected) and it weighs a lot (22KG), so it needs room to breath and a solid piece of furniture to support it. Other than that I think it's one of the best power amps available under £1000. There's not much available at that price that's class A and has balanced inputs.

The current new price is €720 (approx £604) direct from XTZ. I'd be looking for £400 plus delivery, although I'd prefer collection from near Sheffield. Let me know if you're interested.

Here's how she looks in my system:

Dave.
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

I'm Dave.

Bump
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

I'm Dave.

Bump

I'm Tom.

Shouldn't be saying "bump", it should say "SOLD"!

I can't understand why someone hasn't snapped this up!

Terrific amp with sophistication and some decent welly when required too. I had the XTZ integrated which was splittable by a jumper and the power amp section was the star in the pairing.

I'm Chris.

Any chance of coming down on price a bit so I can put it towards a pre-amp?

I'm Dave.

Hi Chris. £400 is a very good price, so if I did knock anything off the price it would only be a few quid.
    I noticed that you were looking for the integrated version of this amp in another thread, so I can see where you're coming from. How much would you be looking at spending on a pre/power combo? I might consider doing you a bundle deal with a very nice passive preamp I have spare at the moment. Cheers.

I'm Chris.

Thanks for the reply. The integrated costs approx £720 new so I'd be looking to pay around £450 second hand. That would give me the DAC and the optical in as well as an active pre. What I don't know is how that would sound compared to your amp and passive.

I'm Nick.

Did you sell the amp, Dave?
    Plz let me know...

+ Reply to Thread