+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rega 24v tt motor

I'm Simon.

Default rega 24v tt motor

Does anyone know if its possible to source just the motor, I don't need any of the parts that rega sell in the upgrade kit, I don't even need the pulley.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Simon.

No one, hifi Dave?
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Deleted.

I'm Sharif.

Could you use one of these?

http://www.rapidonline.com/Electrica...2-39f95ad98076

I was going try one in a Thorens TD160 Super powered by a quadrature oscillator.

I'm Simon.

Isn't that a DC motor Sharif? I've already built an AC controller.

I'm Nobody.

Why not just buy one from Rega.

I'm Simon.

Cos they only sell then with pcb, wallwart, mounting plate, loads of bollocks I don't need.

I'm Nobody.

I tried buying motors in the past they were either too over the top price wise of you had to buy in bulk which was even worse..I nearly always ended up dumping the decks i wanted them for..You might not have an option in this instance..

I'm Simon.

There are loads of options, I can run any motor from about 9v up to 35v so i have lots of choices. As I can set the frequency anywhere between 30hz and 90hz I can run pretty much any pulley size as well. I would just prefer to use the Rega 24v motor because I know it's a quality motor, already QC'd by Rega, it's sourced from Premotec (Allied Motion) and low in self noise.

I'm Sharif.

Simon,

Nigel Pearson on the DIY Audio has done some test using the Rapid Electronics stepper motor MY355.
    See the thread for "motor and circuit for diy turntable project " you will need to read it from post 66.

The 12v DC is just to specify the maximum step voltage, internal it is just a synchronous motor.

Sharif.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast