+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster Mk. II (TC-7533)

I'm ILOB.

Used them in the past they ok but you get what you pay for
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

MartinT Guest

Sure, John, but I was trying to answer Darren's need for small and simple.

I'm ILOB.

yes they small simple and sound ok. Drivers work well with Windows too
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Anton.

Default New Beresford owner

Hi,

During my attempts to put together a Raspberry Pi and Hifiberry Digi music player, I discovered that my 'ancient' California Audio Labs System 1 dac didn't accept the Hifiberry's signal. So I decided that the time had come to say goodbye to this early nineties relic. Looking for a affordable dac with at least 3 spdif inputs I came across the Beresford dacs and this forum...

Reading the posts here took away the apprehension I had based on some negative press elsewhere, so a week ago I took the gamble and ordered a Bushmaster Mk.II. Thanks to Stan's quick service the dac arrived last friday. I'm still 'breaking it in' with random CDs and TV sound, but what I've heard sofar is making me happy

I'll let you guys know when I've had the chance to listen seriously to some well known material...

Oh, and the Rasberry Pi still isn't behaving as it should, although the Bushmaster at least is able to lock on a test signal
    Last edited by Koning; 11-06-2014 at 13:55.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Koning View Post
    Hi,

During my attempts to put together a Raspberry Pi and Hifiberry Digi music player, I discovered that my 'ancient' California Audio Labs System 1 dac didn't accept the Hifiberry's signal. So I decided that the time had come to say goodbye to this early nineties relic. Looking for a affordable dac with at least 3 spdif inputs I came across the Beresford dacs and this forum...

Reading the posts here took away the apprehension I had based on some negative press elsewhere, so a week ago I took the gamble and ordered a Bushmaster Mk.II. Thanks to Stan's quick service the dac arrived last friday. I'm still 'breaking it in' with random CDs and TV sound, but what I've heard sofar is making me happy

I'll let you guys know when I've had the chance to listen seriously to some well known material...

Oh, and the Rasberry Pi still isn't behaving as it should, although the Bushmaster at least is able to lock on a test signal
    Bushmaster is an excellent choice. I use one with my Raspberry Pi loaded with Squeezeplug (but I have the Wolfson Card on mine - didn't need any soldering unlike the Hifiberry)
    Adam.

I'm Anton.

Today I finally had some time to try and get the Pi operational and to listen to the Bushmaster.

Lo and behold, at last I got the Pi working with the Hifiberry, using Raspbian. I think some or all of my problem may have been caused by a faulty SD card, but I need to look into this further.
    Using both the original CDs (via my Sony Blu Ray player) and FLAC/WAV rips via the Pi, I listened to some tracks. As my t-amp only has a single input, direct A/B tests with my old DAC (which refuses to work with the Hifiberry) were not possible. So here goes: The Bushmaster is clearly superior in the bass department: I find it quite unbelievable what my little 2x14W TA2021B amp (SMSL SA-S3) is capable of in combination with my MS Classic 40 speakers. Voice-wise the difference with my old DAC (CAL System 1 w. Indus) is smaller, with the Bushmaster (still?) having a bit more sibilance and perhaps being a bit less forward (at least on one of my reference tracks, The Last Resort from Hell Freezes Over by the Eagles). Need some more time with the Bushmaster for more definate conclusions, but sofar I find it a worthy successor to my CAL dac. Also listened to some George Michael and Josh Groban with my wife and she also giving the system the thumbs up

I will report back after more extensive listening...

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Koning View Post
    ......Also listened to some George Michael and Josh Groban with my wife and she also giving the system the thumbs up

I will report back after more extensive listening...
    You have received the most important endorsement of all! Enjoy the Bushmaster, it's a great DAC.
    Source Components: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC w/Ortofon 2MRed-Squeezebox Classic and Cubietruck running Android and LMS via Squeezeplayer App-Cambridge Audio Azur 940 Integrated Amp
    Speakers: Hawthorne Audio Duet Open Baffle
    Headphones and Associated Equipment: Beresford MKII DAC-Schiit Magni-MrSpeakers Mad Dog Pro

My Personal/Photography Blog - http://www.marksinderson.com

I'm Gareth.

Default Bushmaster II in place of Tag Mclaren DPA32R

Hi all,

I just received my Croft Micro 25 and Series 7 amps today. Once I'd selected the correct interconnect to connect the amps, they sounded lovely. I originally used an Isolda DCT300 cable but this caused slight buzzing in the speakers and the sound was closed in, so maybe a shielding issue. I've now switched to Audioquest cables and the buzzing has gone and the sound is much sweeter and open. Still using the Idolda cables from Squeezebox Touch and and phono amp to Micro 25 though.

Anyway, I digress. Just thinking of using an external DAC for the SBT. I have a Tag Mclaren DPA32R, but it's a bit too bulky for my "downsized" set up. Would the Bushmaster II better or equal the Tag for performance or would I be better sticking with the Tag?

Many thanks
    Gareth

Michell Gyrodec SE/Jelco SA-750D/Nagaoka MP-500/Logitech Squeezebox Touch/Tag Mclaren PPA20/Croft Acoustics Line Only Micro 25R Pre/Croft Acoustics Series 7 Power/iFi Audio iDSD DAC with iFi Audio iUSBPower/PMC Twenty 22 Loudspeakers/Isolda DCT300 Tonearm cable/Klotz MC5000 Interconnects/Atacama SE20 Speaker Stands/Sennheiser HD600 Headphones/Michell HR Power Supply/Mark Grant 8-Way Mains Block

Well, there is a Bushmaster DAC in the listening room of Croft. And I used Croft amps on may occasions to do final listening tests on the Bushmaster.

I'm Gareth.

Thanks StanleyB. I forgot to mention the DPA32R is the later one with upgraded 24/192 DACs.
    Gareth

Michell Gyrodec SE/Jelco SA-750D/Nagaoka MP-500/Logitech Squeezebox Touch/Tag Mclaren PPA20/Croft Acoustics Line Only Micro 25R Pre/Croft Acoustics Series 7 Power/iFi Audio iDSD DAC with iFi Audio iUSBPower/PMC Twenty 22 Loudspeakers/Isolda DCT300 Tonearm cable/Klotz MC5000 Interconnects/Atacama SE20 Speaker Stands/Sennheiser HD600 Headphones/Michell HR Power Supply/Mark Grant 8-Way Mains Block

+ Reply to Thread