+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster Mk. II (TC-7533)

I'm Steven.

Absolutely no clash here Stan!

My my, just when I thought I wrenched every last drop out of my modest setup, this combined code FW update proves me wrong. I hear (even) more detail in my music and voices sound less sibilant to me. These results are only based on a 15 minutes test with Radio Paradise (320 AAC) through my HP.

Hats off to Stan, you did it again!
    Yamaha - Pioneer - Bluesound - Squeezebox - Beresford - Chario - MJ Acoustics - iBasso

Yamaha RX-V1300 * Bluesound Node 2 * Pioneer DV-656A SACD/DVDA * Squeezebox Touch + BotW linear psu + SBooster * Bushmaster Mk2 + Beresford Dorado * Beresford Capella * Chario Syntar 200T (front) + Chario Syntar 200 (rear) + Chario Syntar Dialoque (center) * MJ Acoustics Pro50 (sub) * LG OLED 55C8 * iBasso D2+ * beyerdynamic DT990/250 * Belkin AV 53001 speaker cables * Mark Grant G1000HD ic * Silver High Breed ic * Mike Homar WBT'ed digital coax * Beresford TRC-222 digital coax * Supra USB * Beresford TC 3618 toslink

Steven

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    Easy peasey Adam:
    Settings/advanced/digital output/buffer tuning experiments.
    The Touch will reboot when you have made the alteration.
    OK thanks Jerry - never knew these settings existed !

I am listening now with the Battery mod FW only and the smallest buffer. However, the music is X-O-Dus a Reggae Band on Manchester's Factory records re-released on Les Temps Modernes CD - mostly mastered from an old cassette - So hardly audiophile !

I notice there are a whole bunch of other settings in the Advanced Digital Output section - any recommended choices for the other stuff ?
    Adam.

I'm Jerry.

I prefer the large buffer with my set up (chip optimised for battery). Sounds a bit laid back on the small buffer setting. So presumably I need to get another chip from Stan with the latest FW setting?
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Mark.

Default Looking Forward to Joining The Club!

Well, after a lot of research and going back and forth between the Mk.II, Schiit Bifrost and a few other DAC's I ordered my Mk. II today! Now the waiting begins.......Stan said he'd ship it out Monday so hopefully I have it by the end of next week.

I'll be pairing the Mk. II with my Squeezebox Classic, Schiit Magni headphone amp and Mad Dog Pro headphones. Based on everything I've read I think I will be very happy with the Bushmaster. I'm looking forward to the upgrade it should give to the sound compared to the Squeezebox internal DAC which I've been using. It was a tough decision though. I've been very happy with the performance of the Schiit Magni amp so I naturally gravitated towards the Bifrost, which by all accounts is a good DAC. In the end though I was swayed by the glowing reviews and the idea that the Mk II is supposed to be a "straight wire" component. The price was also a bonus. Another thing I'm looking forward to trying is running it off of battery. I think that will offer some more opportunity for the Mad Dogs to show their stuff.

I'll be sure to post my impressions of the Mk II when I get it. In the meantime, does anyone have a list of tracks (Spotify availability) that might be good to test the Mk II? I have a few of my own favorite tracks that I plan on using but anything else would be great.

Thanks to everyone for the vast amount of info in this thread and I hope that I can contribute more once I get my Mk II.
    Source Components: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC w/Ortofon 2MRed-Squeezebox Classic and Cubietruck running Android and LMS via Squeezeplayer App-Cambridge Audio Azur 940 Integrated Amp
    Speakers: Hawthorne Audio Duet Open Baffle
    Headphones and Associated Equipment: Beresford MKII DAC-Schiit Magni-MrSpeakers Mad Dog Pro

My Personal/Photography Blog - http://www.marksinderson.com

I'm Jerry.

does anyone have a list of tracks (Spotify availability) that might be good to test the Mk II? I have a few of my own favorite tracks that I plan on using but anything else would be great.
    Try 'Keith don't go' from Acoustic Live-Nils Lofgren. Can that man play guitar.
    Dont forget to order the updated FW chip from Stan so you get the best out of the SB3 and BM2.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    does anyone have a list of tracks (Spotify availability) that might be good to test the Mk II? I have a few of my own favorite tracks that I plan on using but anything else would be great.
    Try 'Keith don't go' from Acoustic Live-Nils Lofgren. Can that man play guitar.
    Dont forget to order the updated FW chip from Stan so you get the best out of the SB3 and BM2.
    Thanks for that recommendation! I don't have any of Nils Lofgren in my personal collection so I'll add it to the list. I'm building out a playlist on Spotify of songs I'll use to compare/audition the old vs new setup in addition to the tracks from my own collection.

I think I'm getting the latest chip but I'll email Stan just to make sure.
    Source Components: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC w/Ortofon 2MRed-Squeezebox Classic and Cubietruck running Android and LMS via Squeezeplayer App-Cambridge Audio Azur 940 Integrated Amp
    Speakers: Hawthorne Audio Duet Open Baffle
    Headphones and Associated Equipment: Beresford MKII DAC-Schiit Magni-MrSpeakers Mad Dog Pro

My Personal/Photography Blog - http://www.marksinderson.com

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by garlech View Post
    I guess where I am going with this is, would the battery upgrade be something worth serious consideration for DAC purposes (over heaphone purposes)?
    Very much so.

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    MartinT is trying the battery only code for now, and I hope that he'll be able to try the battery & Touch code afterwards so that I can have some more data to go with.
    Sorry I've been a bit late giving feedback on this. I have certainly noticed a difference with all formats and most noticeably with the Touch and Sky HD. Soundstage is bigger and deeper and fine detail very precisely positioned. I watched two films on Blu-ray over the last couple of evenings and was remarking to myself how good the soundtracks were, with proper depth rendition and dynamics, not your normal flat perspectives.

If this is what the battery-only code sounds like, bring on the full jobby!

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alp View Post
    As Jerry said this is easy to do. If you are willing to hack the EDO Lua scripts, you can add your own customised buffer options to the menu. Most people recommend disabling the wireless and feeding the Touch with a CAT5 cable so you should be OK.
    The easiest way to do these things is to install TT3 (Touch Tools 3) and then use SCP from your PC to access the menu and make the changes.

I'm Per.

Red face Bushmaster MK.II versus Focusrite Forte

I received my BM2 wednesday and has been burning in for 80 hours now. I just listened to Steely Dan - Green book with my Ultrasone Proline 2500 using the Focusrite Forte headphone amp and the BM2 headphone amp. The BM2 powered by the standard power supply as the Ankaka battery has not arrived yet. At first it seems no big difference, but after a little more time you realize that it is just more fun and enjoyable to listen to music with the BM2. The separation and definition is better and the BM2 "scares you" sometimes. I guess "scary" is another word for realism. For complex arrangements with a lot things going on the difference is most prominent.
    Thanks for another great product and prompt delivery Stan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast