+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster Mk. II (TC-7533)

I'm Felipe.

Does anyone know of a portable DAP with coaxial or optical digital out for the purposing of connecting to the Bushmaster? Someone mentioned me about the Fiio X3, any experience with this? Want to make the move to DAC but kind stuck at the moment, source wise.

I'm Neal.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    I noticed a little burn-in with the BM1 but not as much as with some components. The BM2 is going the same way with small improvements in soundstage and spaciousness.
    I hope it improves, its now had over 24 hours continuous play but it's still a little 'strident' in its presentation, slightly hard in the treble and upper midrange. The BM 1 is altogether smoother, dare I say it more 'analogue' like but hasn't quite got the same amount of detailing, clarity or insight as the MK 2...
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    I hope it improves, its now had over 24 hours continuous play but it's still a little 'strident' in its presentation, slightly hard in the treble and upper midrange.
    Have you tried switching off the DAC for an hour and then put it back on a burn in for a few hours? Sometimes continuous burn in is not as effective as intermediate burn in.
    Also keep in mind that the BM has no signal smoothing components like caps etc in the signal path. So you'll get far rapid transitions between signal points.

I'm Stephen.

I hope it improves, its now had over 24 hours continuous play but it's still a little 'strident' in its presentation, slightly hard in the treble and upper midrange. The BM 1 is altogether smoother, dare I say it more 'analogue' like but hasn't quite got the same amount of detailing, clarity or insight as the MK 2...
    Neil,
    I must say this was not at all my impression of the BM II straight from the box as per my post 13 above. Could source/ancillaries be at work here?

Now listening to the BM 2 through the 25r/4s and getting the same vibes as previously commented on with the 'phones. No trace of harshness here - currently listening to the Alan Stivell 40th Anniversary at Olympia - all those harps and strings play havoc with “shouty” setups and it just sounds sublime - not sure what I'd expect more burn in time to add but the weekend has just begun

Steve
    Last edited by worrasf; 13-09-2013 at 17:28.
    Always a little further

MartinT Guest

Nope, 'strident' is not a word I could use to describe the BM2's presentation.

I'm Soren.

Just a thought. If you use coax(?) it could perhaps be some noise coupling, which become audible, because of BM2`s lower noise floor and more revealing nature?
    Amp: Pass Labs INT30a. Digital: Yamaha CD-S1000, Streaming: Chromecast Audio, M2Tech Young. Analog: Rega RP3/Elys 2. Speakers: Dynaudio Excite X32 and JBL Studio 290. Cables: VDH First Ultimate, VDH First Metalscreen and Xindak FS-0.5.

I'm Martin.

Mine has arrived, thank you Stan. For those interested here are some side by side photos...

[IMG]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l82/_NRG_/other/IMG_1925.jpg[/IMG

Fit and finish seem excellent, the new icons and layout is very easy on the eye and I'm liking the silver finish as well.
    Like the new silver front

Marty
    Source: Wadia 170 iTransport
    Apple iPod 120MB/160MB, Apple iMac/Airport Express, Musical Fidelity X-RAY CD player,
    Beresford Caiman SEG with Dorado power supply
    Amplification: ATC SCA2 Pre
    Speaker: ATC SCM 50 ASL Classic
    Other cables, power supplies: Chord Signature, Mike Homar, Mark Grant G1000HD, RFC Reference Mercury, 20000mAH Ankaka battery
    Favourite HIFI forum: AOS of course

I'm Stephen.

I use coax 0.5m from CD to DAC and 5m from Wadia to DAC- not a problem.

At the risk of becoming a BM 2 bore thought I'd just share this tidbit - just put Marianne Faithfull "Broken English" on - an album I have known intimately for many years and I'm hearing whole layers of backing I have never heard before!

Could this DAC be too revealing for "lesser systems"? Now there's a contentious comment

Steve

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by worrasf; 13-09-2013 at 19:41.
    Always a little further

I'm Luis.

I was expecting this thread

Anyone using Toslink? I'd love to hear some feedback on this vis a vis BM I.
    As headphone amp are there any upgrades in the BM II front, as my BM I has the venom upgrade?

Congrats to Stan on another DAC release! All the best as you deserve it.

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaval View Post
    I was expecting this thread

Anyone using Toslink? I'd love to hear some feedback on this vis a vis BM I.
    As headphone amp are there any upgrades in the BM II front, as my BM I has the venom upgrade?

Congrats to Stan on another DAC release! All the best as you deserve it.
    My BM 1 had Venom upgrade - the BM 2 is better.

I use Toslink from DVD player but not had a chance to listen yet

Steve

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Always a little further

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast