+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ipod sounds like a record and not in a good way:)

I'm Jason.

Well tried the ipod alone with headphones and no popping.

so tried the ipod in the dock, still popping
    tried the ipod direct to the dac with no dock, still popping
    tried the ipod, dock, and dac still popping
    tried my amp with cd to check the amp speakers cables and there's no popping.

I'm Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Well tried the ipod alone with headphones and no popping.

so tried the ipod in the dock, still popping
    tried the ipod direct to the dac with no dock, still popping
    tried the ipod, dock, and dac still popping
    tried my amp with cd to check the amp speakers cables and there's no popping.

Wow that is a riddle!

I would try the software update earlier mentioned and if that does not work take it back to apple

It seems the popping is not coming from the headphone jack - but instead from the docking jack side - not sure why.

As a last test to confirm this - you could borrow an iPod from a mate and try it it in your system - but it sounds like the iPod

If your iPod is less than 3 yrs old they may just replace it - especially if it is a known issue - make sure all your files are backed up!

As a plan B - you could just use the headphone out direct to the amp ...
    New System (so far): Meridian 506 CD/ALAC -> Unison Research Little Italy -> Spendor S5e
    Secondary system: Airport Express -> BeoLab 3 Speakers (still need replacing - too fatiguing)
    TV Room: Marantz NR 1504-> Usher S520/525 speakers
    Original System: NAD C541 CD Player -> NAD C340 Amp -> lamp cord -> B&W CM2 Speakers, Ipod/Itunes ALAC- secondary source

I'm Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubies View Post
    Wow that is a riddle!

I would try the software update earlier mentioned and if that does not work take it back to apple

It seems the popping is not coming from the headphone jack - but instead from the docking jack side - not sure why.

As a last test to confirm this - you could borrow an iPod from a mate and try it it in your system - but it sounds like the iPod

If your iPod is less than 3 yrs old they may just replace it - especially if it is a known issue - make sure all your files are backed up!

As a plan B - you could just use the headphone out direct to the amp ...
    Hi Stuart, I'm seeing a mate over the weekend so hope to borrow his to try it as far as taking it back I have lost the receipt and I paid cash for it at argos would this matter? I've had it about a year but used it no more than 10 to 15 times at most.

Cheers

Jason

I'm Stuart.

Ah good point!

I have NEVER had the receipt when i went into an apple store, they base the warrantee age on the serial number/manufacturing date i guess.

If they could verify the problem (or if it was a documented), and they could not fix it, they just gave me a new one! It has happened to me twice, once with an ipad and once with an iphone. (my wife and i have several apple products each...)

One time they were able to fix a problem with a wipe, reboot and data reload - it took about 30 minutes

You should book your service time in advance - you can do it online at apple.co.uk . That way you have a dedicated person waiting for you!

Hi Stuart, I'm seeing a mate over the weekend so hope to borrow his to try it as far as taking it back I have lost the receipt and I paid cash for it at argos would this matter? I've had it about a year but used it no more than 10 to 15 times at most.

Cheers

Jason
    New System (so far): Meridian 506 CD/ALAC -> Unison Research Little Italy -> Spendor S5e
    Secondary system: Airport Express -> BeoLab 3 Speakers (still need replacing - too fatiguing)
    TV Room: Marantz NR 1504-> Usher S520/525 speakers
    Original System: NAD C541 CD Player -> NAD C340 Amp -> lamp cord -> B&W CM2 Speakers, Ipod/Itunes ALAC- secondary source

I'm Jason.

Thank's for that Stuart I'll take it over to the Apple store in Leeds soon as pos

Cheers mate

Jason

I'm Jason.

Excuse my lack of know how again when it comes to digital but I'm from the world of records where sometimes wish I'd stayed but am I right in thinking I can plug my laptop into my dac via the usb port?

Cheers

Jason

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Excuse my lack of know how again when it comes to digital but I'm from the world of records where sometimes wish I'd stayed but am I right in thinking I can plug my laptop into my dac via the usb port?

Cheers

Jason
    Yes.
    You don't even have to buy an expensive one - a cheap as chips one supplied with a printer will do
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Yes.
    You don't even have to buy an expensive one - a cheap as chips one supplied with a printer will do
    Thanks for info

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12