+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 611 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172572 ... LastLast

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Grant.

Different engine but otherwise its mostly cosmetic
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It is an MX-5 under the skin.
    Now that doesnt surprise me Geoff. I'd have it over the MX5 any day based on looks alone mind you.

I'm Loz.

This one is available. Nearly twenty years old, but low mileage and not too dear. I'm considering making an offer.

It's a nice looking bike, a sight prettier than the ER-5 and CBF500.
    Nice to see you giving in to the temptation Geoff. Not quite an SV1000, but that looks a very tidy example. Very good bikes those 500's

I'm still riding my uber trusty RF600, but ditched my Guzzi 750 restoration project. I realised it was going to cost much more than I really wanted to spend. Actually gave it to my brother who is breaking it up for his own project. Now I'm on the lookout for a Guzzi V11 Lemans. Waiting for the right one whilst prices are at winter levels!
    Last edited by HackneyRF; 31-12-2016 at 15:07.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by HackneyRF View Post
    Nice to see you giving in to the temptation Geoff. Not quite an SV1000, but that looks a very tidy example. Very good bikes those 500's

I'm still riding my uber trusty RF600, but ditched my Guzzi 750 restoration project. I realised it was going to cost much more than I really wanted to spend. Actually gave it to my brother who is breaking it up for his own project. Now I'm on the lookout for a Guzzi V11 Lemans. Waiting for the right one whilst prices are at winter levels!
    Much as I still lust after an SV1000S, I have to be realistic. I'm likely to cover less than a thousand miles a year on whatever I may get, so a reasonable middleweight should do. I'll probably do more miles on the 125 Innova!

I had the RF600's ugly cousin, the GSX 600F. Didn't rate it too much. It was ridiculously heavy for a 600, not particularly quick and got into weaves once the needle hit 130mph regardless of suspension setup. I had far more fun on my little 400 Honda CB-1 which went like stink and handled great.

I like Guzzi's (and Morini's), but parts are steep and they tend to get through some. I seem to recall bigger Guzzi's using a Fiat starter motor and replacements being four times the Fiat price from a Guzzi dealer.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I owned one Guzzi.. it was the Nevada 750 and was only a couple of years old when I purchased it

You kind of rode it like you 'stole' it... it was a complete hoot to ride and had so much character

Ultimately I sold it and got my second Hornet which was a more complete package but I loved my time with the hooligan Guzzi
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I owned one Guzzi.. it was the Nevada 750 and was only a couple of years old when I purchased it
    I quite fancied one of those. I was looking around some years ago and couldn't find a decent one within easy reach.

I ended up buying a Yamaha SZR 660 instead. That was an interesting bike. TZR 250 frame with the XTZ 660 engine. I think that was quite possibly the quickest four stroke single ever sold in this country. Certainly felt quicker than any of the old British big singles.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I quite fancied one of those. I was looking around some years ago and couldn't find a decent one within easy reach.

I ended up buying a Yamaha SZR 660 instead. That was an interesting bike. TZR 250 frame with the XTZ 660 engine. I think that was quite possibly the quickest four stroke single ever sold in this country. Certainly felt quicker than any of the old British big singles.
    Yes the Guzzi was an amazing machine and if you want character it has it in spades however that Suzuki GS500 you showed does look lovely though and at just £1,400 it looks a complete bargain to me... have you put an offer in yet ?

The only problem with any Guzzi is getting spares for it. The one I purchased had to have new drive shaft fitted before I purchased it and it took literally weeks for it to come in from Guzzi....
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

at just £1,400 it looks a complete bargain.
    Ah. You found it then?

Ah. You found it then?
    Indeed I did.... it looks like new and it's a 20 year old bike...

Make an offer on it Geoff... you know you want to...

All this talk of bikes has got me thinking I really should get another bike for myself...
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

Indeed I did.... it looks like new and it's a 20 year old bike...

Make an offer on it Geoff... you know you want to...

All this talk of bikes has got me thinking I really should get another bike for myself...
    I'm tempted, but I'm not making offers without having a look over and a try out and I'm not taking any bike out in the cold until my current bad chest clears up (bloody colds ). To be honest, It's dear for the year really (trade value is £400/£500), but it looks unusually nice for its age. If the dealer threw in delivery at the asking price, I'd probably go for it.

+ Reply to Thread