+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 609 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144544 ... LastLast

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Got the new Jeep now
    By the way Ali. Which engine has your Jeep got? I take it that's a Renegade. Looks like one I think.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yes 'tis. Has the 1.4 petrol turbo. Cheap to run but still has 140bhp. I reckon diesels are becoming too complicated, petrols are possibly more reliable now.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Geoff.

Jeep are getting some serious power out of their smaller petrol engines lately.

Mind you Ford, Vauxhall and Dacia ain't doing too bad either. They're just repeating what Daihatsu did in the eighties though, the Charade GTti was a wicked little tool!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

They cheated. As they are now owned by Fiat, they are having to use their engines, so it's the same engine as in the 500 etc. Not real Jeeps anymore, at least unless you buy a Hemi.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Kevin.

I think it's still too early to say if small high power petroleum engines are more reliable than the diesel equivalents.
    They are both pretty complex these days, although the additional cost of the diesel pump probably just swings it the way of the petrol engine.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Not counting the huge problems people are having with EGR and DPF you mean?

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Besides which, petrols are much less polluting.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Not counting the huge problems people are having with EGR and DPF you mean?
    If you do short journeys, then the DPF will not get hot enough to regenerate.
    These same journeys will also kill the Catalytic converter on your petrol engine.
    EGR valves are a common issue on diesel and petrol.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Well that's exactly it. Michelle will be using this around town, so it will spend most of it's time doing short journeys.

There is also the fact that petrols are cheaper to buy and service.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I did research all this before making the decision of what to buy..

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread