+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 611 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125525 ... LastLast

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Geoff.

True, but not everyone has one, I don't and there are a lot of places where you can't get a signal.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Well we are increasingly moving into a world where it is assumed that everyone has access to this technology as the defualt situation. That may not be a good thing in many ways but that is the way we are headed. Give it five years, ten at the very outside and only fringe, oddball people will not have mobile internet access. It will be assuemed that everyone has it in the same way we assume that everyone in the UK has cold running water.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoffrey.

Are there any Honda Type R owners on the forum ? come and join us on this forum http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/

You'll be very welcome, I'm known as Rapid 17 over there.

Geoff.

I'm drunk.

Just spanked my finances on this little beasty.

Makes the morning commute just soo much more civilised.

I'm Geoff.

My legs are too short for one of those.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Bit like me. I had thirteen Minis of one sort or another and rebuilt nearly all of them to an extent. Tuned many of them too.
    I still have three original type Minis. A 1961, owned by me since about 1968, has a 1275 cc engine from a Vanden Plas 1300, a 1968 Mk2, owned by me since about 1974, this has the original 998 cc engine, but brought up to near Cooper spec. using skimmed Cooper 12G295 cylinder head, Cooper AEA630 cam and duplex timing gear, Hi-Lo adjustable suspension with Spax adjustable dampers. The third Mini is a 1968 Riley ELF Mk3 automatic, owned by me since 1979. I had to do extensive bodywork to the front end, not quite finished. As a young lad I worked as an engineer for Janspeed. This was a long time ago! I'm in my 60's now.
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Nice to have three. I still fancy something with the A Series engine. I've got a hankering for an MG midget, late sixties/early seventies with the 1275 lump. I'd mod it to quick, but usable road standard and bung a decent hardtop on.

I'm Geoff.

I see the bottom has dropped out of the tax disc holder market. Bet there are millions on shelves waiting to be binned.

I'm Geoff.

The most stupid car accessory!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GREEN-LED-...item2ec14147b7

What's the Effing point?

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The most stupid car accessory!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GREEN-LED-...item2ec14147b7

What's the Effing point?
    In case you need to find your washer jets in the dark?

+ Reply to Thread