+ Reply to Thread
Page 194 of 611 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Geoff.

No picking up dodgy birds!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    No picking up dodgy birds!
    Shite all over the bonnet
    Bloody pigeons
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Got back from taking the car for its annual service a little while ago. The MOT is done and I've just taxed it (free). That's a relief, sorted for another year! (insurance due in September though)
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Got back from taking the car for its annual service a little while ago. The MOT is done and I've just taxed it (free). That's a relief, sorted for another year! (insurance due in September though)
    thats good news.... i dont have that now fortunately
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    thats good news.... i dont have that now fortunately
    The car's only done 18k since I bought it new five years ago. It's still on the main dealer service plan, which I think I'll cancel now, as I can maintain it myself. I'm not too worried about further service stamps in the book. The car's declining value make them not really worth the expense.

I'm Grant.

The car's only done 18k since I bought it new five years ago. It's still on the main dealer service plan, which I think I'll cancel now, as I can maintain it myself. I'm not too worried about further service stamps in the book. The car's declining value make them not really worth the expense.
    still under 1000 miles on mine lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    still under 1000 miles on mine lol
    The first 5k seemed to take ages, then the rest just piled on without me really noticing.

I'm Adam.

Well, it’s all change on the car front in the Beobloke household. The Mercedes estate has gone due to the huge list of advisories from the MOT last year, plus the ever-present worry of the SBC pump reaching the end of its pre-programmed life and requiring replacement for £1300. (for those of you who know early W211 Mercs, you’ll know about the SBC pump. For the rest of you, for god’s sake research it before you buy one!).

Of course, you know what’s coming, don’t you? Yes, that’s right; I listed it for sale on a Sunday and the SBC pump flashed up its end-of-serviceable-life warning three days later. After much swearing, I confessed the issue, knocked £1000 off the price and it sold two days later to a very nice chap who caught the train down to Hampshire from Carlisle to buy it without even seeing it.

So, this left me with a conundrum – what to buy. I wanted affordable and cheap to fix (and no bloody SBC pump…) but wanted a manual for a change and something with a bit of poke, after 18 months in the wilderness with only four cylinders under my right foot.

Well, after a few test drives and a brief flirtation with an MG ZT V6 or two, salvation came in the form of a…………………………Mondeo! It’s a 2005 Ghia X loaded with toys (including heated and cooled seats – the latter is good, but weird!) and in absolutely mint condition. I bought it from a chap in a big and very swish house near Goodwood who is a collector and has 45 cars (well, 44 now…) and a soft spot for rare Fords. “Rare Fords?” I hear you cry. “It’s a flippin’ Mondeo FFS – what’s rare about it?”. Whilst it is true that Mondeos are not exactly uncommon, they definitely are when in Ghia X trim, and loaded up with a 6 speed manual box and a 3.0 V6 under the bonnet, which is what this one sports. It’s basically a slightly de-tuned ST220 with softer suspension and a more sophisticated demeanour.

Anyway, it drives like new, goes like stink and I like it. I like it very much indeed.

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Grant.

looks in pristine nick. Good motors the mondeos
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

I had a 2.2 diesel ST version, lovely car, all the toys but probably the worst car I’ve had for things going wrong. Gear selection, dual mass flywheel, suspension faults & it seemed to eat tyres. Put me off Fords for good.

+ Reply to Thread