+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 609 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Is that yours Geoff? Those things are worth fortunes these days! And with good reason, they are a bit special.
    It was mine. A long time ago. It was an H1/KH500 hybrid, tuned rather above standard, note the Denco road/race pipes. It was scruffy when I got it, so I rebuilt everything and resprayed it.

I'm Geoff.

For the discerning car buff. A drive in an Alvis TE21. Just gorgeous!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmdD...ature=youtu.be

I'm Graham.

Sigh......
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    Sigh......
    One day..........................................I'll probably be even less able to afford one! ()

I'm Steve.

It's one of those cars where you say to the butler "bring the car round to the front Jeffery, we're going into town"
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    For the discerning car buff. A drive in an Alvis TE21. Just gorgeous!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmdD...ature=youtu.be

Look at it compared to the soulless modern tat in the background. It may not be as fast, or as fuel efficient, or as safe, but it is still infinitely better.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Look at it compared to the soulless modern tat in the background. It may not be as fast, or as fuel efficient, or as safe, but it is still infinitely better.
    Yeah. I love cars from the mid fifties to the mid seventies.

I had one of these for quite a while, in the same colour but without the silly little pinstripe, very similar engine to the Alvis actually. Great car!

I'm Ben.

Me & my brother are off on a long weekend jolly to ride the NW500. Mines the BM 1250 twin & he rides the triumph, 1050cc triple. Very similar in terms of performance and both sound great with noisey pipes. but I wouldnt swop mine for his and he would swop his for mine

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm kev.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yeah. I love cars from the mid fifties to the mid seventies.

I had one of these for quite a while, in the same colour but without the silly little pinstripe, very similar engine to the Alvis actually. Great car!

Seeing the 2500 brought back fond memories, my parents had an identical brown one around 1974/5
    <a href=http://s36.photobucket.com/user/lauren1809/media/33A4D3D2-B423-47CD-BC7D-AC331E29C355_zpsj2tyfozt.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e12/lauren1809/33A4D3D2-B423-47CD-BC7D-AC331E29C355_zpsj2tyfozt.jpg target=_blank>http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...psj2tyfozt.jpg</a></a>

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    Me & my brother are off on a long weekend jolly to ride the NW500. Mines the BM 1250 twin & he rides the triumph, 1050cc triple. Very similar in terms of performance and both sound great with noisey pipes. but I wouldnt swop mine for his and he would swop his for mine

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
    Did you ride it to Cranage Ben? There was a couple of big BM's parked close to the entrance, I'm guessing one was yours.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread