+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 611 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195595 ... LastLast

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Alex.

I like the Giulietta a lot in the right colour, in Quadrifoglio Verde guise, of course.
    Technics SL1210| Jelco SA-750| Benz Micro ACE SM MC| Squeezebox Touch/MCRU linear PSU | Cambridge Audio 851C | High Resolution Music Streamer II+ / Linestreamer+ | Raspberry Pi 2/IQ-Audio DAC+ / Max2Play | Conrad-Johnson ET3 Control Amplifier| Conrad-Johnson LP125sa KT120 Power Amplifier| Avalon NP Evo 2.0 Speakers| Cardas Audio Quadlink-5C Speaker Cables and Interconnects| Finite Elemente Pagode Signature E-14 equipment support

I'm Alan.

Default Crash on roundabout, who is to blame?

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/m...6401915689.mp4

Golf in left hand lane, BMW in right hand lane.

IMO most people don't know how to drive correctly around an island, including where to signal.
    I know who I think was in the wrong, what do you think?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Link not working for me.
    Barry

I'm Alan.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...oundabout.html

Try copy and paste with this Barry.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Without a doubt, Golf on the left. He's in completely the wrong lane for where he's going!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Alan.

I thought this might be the case but I totally disagree.
    I was taught that the 'onward' direction on an island is to continue around it, think of it as the 'straight ahead', if it was a straight road you continue on that course.

So once you are on the island, no matter how many lanes there are (unless marked for specific direction) then you should indicate when you want to leave.
    The Golf was not indicating to leave plus the BMW actually overtook on the island then turned in, totally wrong.

If it was on a straight road it would be the equivalent of someone overtaking then cutting up to turn off. IMO of course.

Quotes from the Highway Code:
    'be aware of the speed and position of all the road users around you.'

'watch out for all other road users already on the roundabout; be aware they may not be signalling correctly or at all'

In all cases watch out for and give plenty of room to :
    'traffic crossing in front of you on the roundabout, especially vehicles intending to leave by the next exit'

How the hell should the Golf driver cover the last quote when the BMW overtook then cut in without warning?

I'm Geoff.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Kevin.

Both drivers are at fault.
    The Golf for not indicating their intentions, and ignoring the Highway Code and for total lack of road craft.
    The BMW for not realising that the Golf could not disappear into thin air, and not making allowances for idiotic drivers.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Kevin.

In vas there was any doubt about the Golf....
    http://www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk/answe...ory/roundabout
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Both drivers are at fault.
    The Golf for not indicating their intentions, and ignoring the Highway Code and for total lack of road craft.
    The BMW for not realising that the Golf could not disappear into thin air, and not making allowances for idiotic drivers.
    Yes, that's also pretty much my view. As far as the actual impact occurring itself is concerned, the fault is 100% with the BMW driver.

However, as for the rest, much depends at what point both cars have entered the roundabout, and also in which direction they were travelling, which on the video is unclear.

The FACT is, in roundabouts with more than one lane, as per that shown in the video, *if* when joining, you're leaving at the last available exit, so effectively turning right, then you DON'T sit on the left-hand lane, going round like a tool, all the way to arriving at your exit (as the Golf driver was doing)!

You enter on the righthand lane, whilst indicating right, and continue round on the right, until approaching your exit, then indicate left, moving over onto the lefthand lane, before taking the exit, which is what the BMW driver appeared to be doing, until he collided with the Golf, due to not paying sufficient attention to what was happening around him.

Alan, what you've suggested only applies at the likes of mini-roundabouts, where there's only one lane. At least, that was how I was taught to drive!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread