+ Reply to Thread
Page 143 of 609 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I use an Italian barbers about five minutes walk from here. They're lovely blokes for the most part, but one slightly scary one is prone to rant about 'foreigners' and 'immigrants' whilst waving sharp scissors or a razor near one's head. His family came to Britain in the 1960s.
    My Jamaican pal can also be quite forthright on the subject. There's nothing like pulling the drawbridge up after you
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    have been known to potter.
    Yes, I'm prone to that these days, sometimes I do it in the garden.

I'm Steve.

A few years ago (maybe 30 years) drivers off Metros and Maestros were the worst dawdlers.

One day a friend was giving me a lift somewhere. We got to a junction where he had to stop and give way. There was a Metro coming down the road, and just before it reached us, my mate pulled out in front of it, and accelerated to 15mph and held that speed for a couple of hundred yards, shouting out of the window "see how you like it you bastard!"

Metro drivers wearing Trilbys were the worst of all.

Metros are all but extinct, and a good thing too. Although we have Daewoo Matiz these days.

I have noticed an increase in the number of drivers (mostly women) who fail to notice when the lights have turned to green. Judging by the way their head is facing, I would say they are using the red light as an opportunity to catch up on their Facebook.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I have noticed an increase in the number of drivers (mostly women) who fail to notice when the lights have turned to green. Judging by the way their head is facing, I would say they are using the red light as an opportunity to catch up on their Facebook.
    Or rummaging through handbags or changing radio stations or CD's. They just can't pay attention to the road for more than a few moments.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Yes, I'm prone to that these days, sometimes I do it in the garden.
    I hope you dig a hole afterwards and bury it!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

we have Daewoo Matiz these days
    That's just about the only car smaller than mine.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Although we have Daewoo Matiz these days.
    Is that the latest motorised 'shopping trolley'?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Is that the latest motorised 'shopping trolley'?

Marco.
    They could use them at supermarkets. As long as there's a slot in the back for the £1 coin, so they don't end up in the canal.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Ian.

I had to go to a hospital appointment today and was taken in a hospital car, a new Skoda Octavia. Now I'm a big bloke and I sometimes struggle fitting in cars but this Skoda was like a tardis. Lots of space even for me and a really nice place to be. It was only a 1.6 TD but it was very nippy and really quiet. I drove the first Octavia when they first came out and to be honest it was a bit crude, definitely felt like it came from VW's reject parts bin but this latest model feels every bit German in design and build quality, but the thing is it was more expensive than the equivalent VW Passat. Not a cheap car anymore.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Or rummaging through handbags or changing radio stations or CD's. They just can't pay attention to the road for more than a few moments.
    They call it multitasking. Apparently blokes are no good at this.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread