+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1363

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by gninnam View Post
    Just thought I would join in.
    Currently have 3 vehicles in the family.
    Wife's daily is a Focus ST2 (2015)
    Mine is an Audi TT (Mk1) 225
    Also finishing of a very long rebuild of a VW camper van (which once MOT'd I will be looking to sell).

Have also rode bikes for the last 40 years but not had one for the last 12 and hoping to get one this year (if I can finish and sell the van for the right price)!

A pic of the TT:

The last bike I owned was a Kawasaki ZZ6R which was good fun - a quick pic:

Been test riding a few bikes last year to see in which direction I want to go and very spoilt for choice

A quick pic of the van before the work:
    Is that really a zzr,600? I had a stock one for a bit, chuffin quick!! Weren't keen on corners though
    cambridge audio azur 651w power amp, novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, tannoy dc4t]
    , van damme blue series interconnects, van damme studio blue 4mm speaker cable, klotz mc 5000 ,klotz silver hybrid, thanks Brian, fisual hollywood optical cable,, pioneer bdp170, akg k 550

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Is that really a zzr,600? I had a stock one for a bit, chuffin quick!! Weren't keen on corners though
    Sorry - ZX6R not ZZR

My first new bike ('91) was the ZZR 600 which like you say not too good in corners (toured Europe on it) - found a pic of it:

Taken pre-digital days....
    Main system:

Digital.
    Raspberry PI plus IQAudio DAC+. Philips DCC 730. NAS drive plus usb drives connected to the router.

Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit. AudioNote Arm 1 V2. Goldring Elite MC and Cairn Boost

Amp. Pure Sound A30
    Speakers. Reiver Jenna floor standers

Spare system:
    Audiolab 8000a. 3 Lenco L75 turntables, assorted cartridges and arms. Garrard SP25 mk2.
    Loads of different cables of various value....

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by gninnam View Post
    Sorry - ZX6R not ZZR

My first new bike ('91) was the ZZR 600 which like you say not too good in corners (toured Europe on it) - found a pic of it:

Taken pre-digital days....
    Looked like a very well sorted zxr6, lovely I did like the zzr6, great engine. Not long after I sold it I got a recall, apparently the swing arm was prone to snapping
    cambridge audio azur 651w power amp, novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, tannoy dc4t]
    , van damme blue series interconnects, van damme studio blue 4mm speaker cable, klotz mc 5000 ,klotz silver hybrid, thanks Brian, fisual hollywood optical cable,, pioneer bdp170, akg k 550

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Sorry, these soulless modern Jap motorbikes do nothing for me....

Red camper van and Audi TT, yes!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sorry, these soulless modern Jap motorbikes do nothing for me....

Marco.
    Try riding one Marco. You may find the looks unappealing, but the 'plastic rockets' definitely have something. The sheer poke available is totally beyond the comprehension of the average car driver. Even from a 600. Get to 900cc or more and you enter timewarp territory!!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Try riding one Marco. You may find the looks unappealing, but the 'plastic rockets' definitely have something. The sheer poke available is totally beyond the comprehension of the average car driver. Even from a 600. Get to 900cc or more and you enter timewarp territory!!
    The zzr6 was anything but soulless, fantastic engine that could keep up with 750s of the day, it could hurl you toward 100mph and beyond in an eye wobbling kind of way, you could feel it too,in your wrist and pants, Ahem

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    The zzr6 was anything but soulless...
    I'm talking about in terms of looks - just not my thing. Geoff knows what is (he used to own one), or scroll back to earlier on this thread to find out what bikes I find sexy...

Don't care much about performance, because I would only be posing/cruising around in them anyway, so with bikes, for me it's really ALL about the looks!

Marco.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I'm talking about in terms of looks - just not my thing. Geoff knows what is (he used to own one), or scroll back to earlier on this thread to find out what bikes I find sexy...

Don't care about performance, because I would only be posing/cruising around in them anyway, so with bikes, for me it's ALL about the looks!

Marco.
    Ah well that's fair dooz, used to borrow my dad's zephyr 750 occasionally, all soft n squidgy it was with a pretty gutless engine, made me smile every time

I'm Andy.

Each to there own Marco - no problem with that.

For looks and fun I test rode this last year which was fun an not too fast so good for posing:

BMW R90T Sport
    Main system:

Digital.
    Raspberry PI plus IQAudio DAC+. Philips DCC 730. NAS drive plus usb drives connected to the router.

Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit. AudioNote Arm 1 V2. Goldring Elite MC and Cairn Boost

Amp. Pure Sound A30
    Speakers. Reiver Jenna floor standers

Spare system:
    Audiolab 8000a. 3 Lenco L75 turntables, assorted cartridges and arms. Garrard SP25 mk2.
    Loads of different cables of various value....

Ah yes, now that's *much* more interesting, although I'm not into gold things, so the shocks would have to be changed or painted black!

This is where it's at for me, in terms of something new (the street twin): http://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/...18/street-twin or perhaps a nice cafe racer: http://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/.../2018/thruxton

...and all I'd do is cruise around the town or countryside, at no more than 80mph, just enjoying the scenery and/or the noise of the engine...

I'd also mod it to the max, and fit the extras available, which I liked (perhaps also do a custom paint job), to make it more personal/bespoke, as I like to be different!

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread