+ Reply to Thread
Page 142 of 609 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Martin.

I'd ban them from coming out at rush hour altogether. Retired people have all day every day to do whatever it is they do, there is no need to have them dawdling about between 0730 - 0900 and 1630 - 1830.

I never used to be able to get the bus to work as it would just sail past the stop because it was full of pensioners.

They get up at about 0500 so by 0800 they have done all of the pottering about around the house they can manage so it's time to get the bus down to Woolworths where they will spend an hour examining every item in the store.

Then they purchase a new salt cellar or something equally unnecessary (as long as it costs less than ten bob) before doddering off somewhere else, the bank or the post office usually, where they will complain in a loud voice about having to wait in a long queue due to 'all the foreigners'.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'd ban them from coming out at rush hour altogether. Retired people have all day every day to do whatever it is they do, there is no need to have them dawdling about between 0730 - 0900 and 1630 - 1830.

I never used to be able to get the bus to work as it would just sail past the stop because it was full of pensioners.

They get up at about 0500 so by 0800 they have done all of the pottering about around the house they can manage so it's time to get the bus down to Woolworths where they will spend an hour examining every item in the store.

Then they purchase a new salt cellar or something equally unnecessary (as long as it costs less than ten bob) before doddering off somewhere else, the bank or the post office, where they will complain in a loud voice about having to wait in a long queue due to 'all the foreigners'.
    Brilliant
    You are a descriptive genius

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andrew.

If practice makes perfect then why are taxi ( Asian ) drivers so very bad at driving ?

I'm Martin.

We laugh but properly organised they could bring the entire country to a halt.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

My missus is an awful driver too , how she has driven for 20 years without reversing is beyond me.

I'm Geoff.

Retired people have all day every day to do whatever it is they do, there is no need to have them dawdling about between 0730 - 0900 and 1630 - 1830.
    I'm retired. But anybody referring to me as 'doddery' could well find an Uchi-Mata firmly applied to them!!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'm retired. But anybody referring to me as 'doddery' could well find an Uchi-Mata firmly applied to them!!

I was waiting for an ole doddering retiree to say something

I'm joe.

I'm retired too. Not doddery, but have been known to potter.

I'm joe.

Then they purchase a new salt cellar or something equally unnecessary (as long as it costs less than ten bob) before doddering off somewhere else, the bank or the post office usually, where they will complain in a loud voice about having to wait in a long queue due to 'all the foreigners'.
    I use an Italian barbers about five minutes walk from here. They're lovely blokes for the most part, but one slightly scary one is prone to rant about 'foreigners' and 'immigrants' whilst waving sharp scissors or a razor near one's head. His family came to Britain in the 1960s.

+ Reply to Thread