+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 609 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192592 ... LastLast

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Justin.

I don't genuinely drive a lot of different cars but in the past decade the only cars I have driven that have impressed me have had Jaguar, Mercedes or Porsche written on them.

Track driven Ferraris and Astons and my sis had a Vantage. The F-Type she has now is a lot more comfortable to drive but doesn't look as good.

Most fun drive on a track was a Lotus if you can handle the discomfort but TBH the best track drive is Porsche. The handling is laser guided ridiculous on the better ones.

Leccy cars are increasingly interesting but someone has to suss a Fusion reactor to make them realistic on the macro scale.

Glass batteries from Mr Goodenough at the ripe old age of 94 who gave you Lithium Iron will help. Massive respect to him albeit the odd fire or two. Glass batts won't do that.
    Last edited by User211; 15-06-2017 at 22:19.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Agreed on the Jag/Merc/Porsche thing, although for me 'proper' Jags are a thing of the past, such as the XJ (X350). Now THAT was a proper Jaguar:

Gorgeous!!

I also have a huge affection for Astons and most Italian super-cars, plus Corvettes and Mustangs.

Leccy cars do NOTHING for me, as diehard 'petrolhead'. I respect the engineering qualify of best ones and acknowledge their good points, but will never own one. Just not my bag

Aside from a 911, I've also always hankered after an Alpina BMW, as the quality in every area is amazing, and they have superb engines. The likes of this badass B7 would tick many boxes for me [including the major one of you almost never see any of them on the road, as I like to 'stand out from the herd']:

*That* is just pant-wettingly WONDERFUL

Short test drive video:

I GOTS ta have COMFORT, and some form of UNIQUENESS, as well as PRIMO sportiness [a "driver's" car]! Oh yeah.......

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

The Wald International 'Black Bison' modified/tuned XJ X350 (ironically in blue) could rival the above though, in the pant-wetting stakes, if you could find one for sale, as I'd imagine they'd be like gold dust:

Probably the SEXIEST 'rear end' I've ever seen!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Surprised there's been no comment on these GORGEOUS cars!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Geoff.

First piccies not working for me. The Wald looks good, but not something I'd buy (as if I could afford it ).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

My taste would be more like this. An Alfa Sprint. Not the fastest car by any means, but sporty enough and that little flat four engine is a peach!

Hard to find a solid one in this country. Cracking little motor though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Kevin.

The Wald has far too much bling for my liking.
    I think I would rather have an M5 Touting or Audi RS6. Fantastic engines and a useful/practical car.

If I wanted something sporty, something like a Singer 911 would be spot on.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Alex.

+1 for the Singer 911. Very tasteful and beautifully executed classic 911 shape. The Wald looks horrific imo! The stance is all wrong and the roofline/glasshouse is too high. The old XJ was a much better proportioned car, and looked much nicer.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Technics SL1210| Jelco SA-750| Benz Micro ACE SM MC| Squeezebox Touch/MCRU linear PSU | Cambridge Audio 851C | High Resolution Music Streamer II+ / Linestreamer+ | Raspberry Pi 2/IQ-Audio DAC+ / Max2Play | Conrad-Johnson ET3 Control Amplifier| Conrad-Johnson LP125sa KT120 Power Amplifier| Avalon NP Evo 2.0 Speakers| Cardas Audio Quadlink-5C Speaker Cables and Interconnects| Finite Elemente Pagode Signature E-14 equipment support

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    The Wald has far too much bling for my liking.
    Yeah, it'd have been less blingy in black, but the shape is lovely, and that quad exhaust system, with 'overlapping' tailpipes, is a work of art!

I think I would rather have an M5 Touting or Audi RS6. Fantastic engines and a useful/practical car.
    The RS6 (and 8) are cool, but still a bit too common on the road for my liking, which is why something like the Wald or an Alpina B7 would appeal, once the Brabster bites the dust.

A Singer 911 would also fit the bill

Geoff, that Alfa is a lovely little classic!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm John.

Those stinger 911s ARE gorgeous.

My favourite
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=si...e0Qi7OmQ2oQqM:

I like the 2nd pic of the Jag but find it a little bit too much of a good thing maybe. Defo better in black though.

+ Reply to Thread