+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 609 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Thanks for the invite, dont want to run the risk of her catching fire on the hard shoulder though.
    If you want to come home to a real fire, leave a Zafira on your drive!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Interesting Steve, didn't know that would be a thing.
    I'll look into it.

Been to see my exhaust guy today?
    He kinda swooned over the Brera's engine note when I revved it...Hadnt seen a car like mine before and loved it's "Song" as he put it.
    Because of this, He advised NOT getting a full new stainless system but keep the Prodrive Brera back boxes and manufacturing a straight through system.
    He said it would be a mistake to change the character of the car by going "Boy Racer", but design a system for more "Alfa-ness" and let whats already there come through a lot better.
    Sure, will be noticeably louder and have more snarl, but will still have that Alfa magic.

To anyone who knows their exhausts, does a straight through system sound noticeably louder?
    Looking for a bit more oomph and to get the Brera sounding more in line with how it looks.

Thanks.
    Didn't know it's a Brera, lovely looking cars, a real gem

I'm Steve.

Hi Marco,

You mention in a previous post something called "terraclean", is this some kind of fuel additive? Reason I ask is that after 10 years of running my FireBlade on bog-basic unleaded, it has become very lumpy and stuttery below 300rpm. On the advice of my local dealer, I put something called Wynn's in the tank, and since then exclusively V-power. But the problem persists. Any thoughts? Sorry to be hi-jacking this thread, I promise I'll leave you to the car stuff after this

I'm Geoff.

Did you mean 3000 rpm?

Here's TerraClean: https://www.terraclean.co.uk/how-terraclean-works

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Steve,

For your delectation: http://www.terraclean.co.uk/

It's usually a car thing, but it may also be possible to apply the process to motorbikes

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Didn't know it's a Brera, lovely looking cars, a real gem
    And here she is:

Done a lot of upgrades to it, be good to get a better soundtrack to match its looks and performance.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Just looking at the pic, Gaz, another wee tweak-ette you could try, is next time she's due for a new set of discs, fit some drilled and slotted ones, as IME they provide better (more positive) and smoother braking, plus they'll look sexier used with those lovely wheels and calipers!

I use EBC GD Sport rotors on the Brabster: https://ebcbrakes.com/product/3gd-sport-rotors/ with Yellowstuff pads: https://ebcbrakes.com/product/yellow...nd-track-pads/

It's a fantastic combo, stopping you near-instantly stone-dead, when necessary, or smoothly and controlled at all other times, giving you great confidence and reassurance braking in all types of driving conditions

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

ooh, lovely, now where's my box of tissues? There are some cars, that when you park them and go to your front door, you have to turn for a last look before going indoors. This is one of those cars.

I'm Gary.

Already upgraded the brakes Marco, that was a pic the dealer took in his Ad.
    The existing ones were a bit worn and rusty, so fitted a drilled and slotted set of Tarox discs and pads, really noticed the improvement.

Still need to get the calipers repainted though!
    Going to change from the red though and go a deep Yellow.

Really like this colour combination and not too dissimilar to my paintwork colour?

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Just looking at the pic, Gaz, another wee tweak-ette you could try, is next time she's due for a new set of discs, fit some drilled and slotted ones, as IME they provide better (more positive) and smoother braking, plus they'll look sexier used with those lovely wheels and calipers!

I use EBC GD Sport rotors on the Brabster: https://ebcbrakes.com/product/3gd-sport-rotors/ with Yellowstuff pads: https://ebcbrakes.com/product/yellow...nd-track-pads/

It's a fantastic combo, stopping you near-instantly stone-dead, when necessary, or smoothly and controlled at all other times, giving you great confidence and reassurance braking in all types of driving conditions

Marco.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Steve,

For your delectation: http://www.terraclean.co.uk/

It's usually a car thing, but it may also be possible to apply the process to motorbikes

Marco.
    Thanks guys, I've messaged my "local operator" to ask the question. There are some sports bikes in their gallery, so it seems likely. Oh, and yes, I meant 3000rpm! I used to know someone who had a BSA Goldstar which ticked over slower than that. Sounded like a Gatlin Gun

+ Reply to Thread