+ Reply to Thread
Page 159 of 609 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Did you ride it to Cranage Ben? There was a couple of big BM's parked close to the entrance, I'm guessing one was yours.
    Yes I did mate, I was parked next to another BM as well.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Steve.

Purely a matter of taste but I prefer yours mate. Enjoy the weekend and stay safe
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

What are you trying to post, daftee? Whatever it was, it hasn't worked!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

I had a serious go at learning to post pics. And failed. Or rather Mrs. P failed. I got bored after about ten minutes and chucked the laptop at her. She knows more about this stuff than me, but that's no recommendation. Like the saying "In the Kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King".

Not giving up just yet, so expect some more nonsense appearing under my moniker in the coming days.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Geoff.

If you really want to post pics you could try 'tinypic', here: http://tinypic.com/

And here's some instructions I wrote a while ago for using it:

I'm Steve.

Hi Geoff,

It was this very instruction that we followed, but to no avail. Missus said something about this "piece of shit" laptop not letting her right-click. So at the moment I don't know if it's a fault with the pc or we're just being thick.

She too has a low boredom threshold, so I'm giving her a break for a day or so before I peck her head again.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yeah. I love cars from the mid fifties to the mid seventies.

I had one of these for quite a while, in the same colour but without the silly little pinstripe, very similar engine to the Alvis actually. Great car!

Seems a lot of people agree with you. Here in the states, cars from the 50’s to 70’s are highly sought after and worth great sums of money! Do you get to see the Barrett Jackson Auctions on TV? A ruddy old Dodge from the late 60’s sold for a cool quarter million! It started out only certain models, but now most any car from the period is in demand. I had a ‘73 El’camino that was great fun to drive! Wish I still had it, it would be worth a mint.

Russell

I'm Martin.

With the yank tanks you have to stay prior to 1970 really, after that you get all the emissions regs sapping the power. 6 litre engines that only develop 120 BHP? Just silly.

Quite fancy a '67 Chevvy Impala or maybe a '69 Plymouth Barracuda myself.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    With the yank tanks you have to stay prior to 1970 really, after that you get all the emissions regs sapping the power. 6 litre engines that only develop 120 BHP? Just silly.

Quite fancy a '67 Chevvy Impala or maybe a '69 Plymouth Barracuda myself.
    Both fine choices!

But people who seek out old 70’s cars do not leave them stock. In fact dropping a high performance crate engine in is a popular option. Those polution controls that robbed power are long gone, replaced by 450bhp monsters, that get 8 miles to the gallon. What’s that, about 3kilometers per liter?

Russell

+ Reply to Thread