+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 609 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194594 ... LastLast

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Geoff.

"awesome" on the motorway is all well and good, but at the legal limit of 70mph, how awesome is that? Don't get me wrong, I like getting a move on, but nowadays there are just too many speed cameras, unmarked police cars and mobile speed traps about to make exceeding the limit a relaxed business.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Justin.

The temptation to go fast in it was high as it just glides... A day before I had a new Mercedes ML350. What a joke of a car. Terrible thing. Status thing with a family only for parking outside schools. Otherwise hopeless.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    "awesome" on the motorway is all well and good, but at the legal limit of 70mph, how awesome is that? Don't get me wrong, I like getting a move on, but nowadays there are just too many speed cameras, unmarked police cars and mobile speed traps about to make exceeding the limit a relaxed business.
    ....which is why I'm really looking forward to taking the Brabster onto unrestricted sections of the Autobahn, during the summer hols, and unleashing its full potential!

Would be good if something suitably badass wants to race me too, even if I lose, which is likely, as I never get the opportunity to race anything properly here

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    A day before I had a new Mercedes ML350. What a joke of a car. Terrible thing. Status thing with a family only for parking outside schools. Otherwise hopeless.
    Idiots with that type of shallow mentality deserve not only to lose their car, but be ass-whipped, butt-naked, with their cotton panties pulled down, and laughed at in front of the whole school, for their pathetic pretentiousness!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Justin.

The GLA, oddly, in 250 petrol form is actually surprisingly good. Rubbish mpg, serious joke in fact; don't believe the stats.

Careful what we say here as the wife is getting one in 200 petrol form. Automatic. Company lease car with free petrol thank god.

The 250 though even I nearly bought. Can be made to look pretty funky.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Careful what we say here as the wife is getting one in 200 petrol form. Automatic. Company lease car with free petrol thank god.
    Yes but she's not buying one just to, quote you: "as a status thing with a family only for parking outside schools"? If so, I'm taking nowt back!!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Justin.

No she isn't. My influence plus having a car that has some internal space does prove useful from time to time.

That said she test dove the A class and Honda H-RV. So she does like the GLA best.

That's cool. At least she's buying it on carefully considered and sensible criteria, not stupid nonsense!

Anyway, hope she has lots of fun in it

Marco.
    Main System

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Oh nooooooo, now as much as I love Alfas, I HATE that!!

Looks too much like a Jap 'hairdresser's car', or something a Botox'd bimbo would drive... I like brutal/purposeful/MANLY looking cars. Dat's a poncemobile!

I prefer yours, or even better, the Alfa Sprint Geoff posted, which is a classic, and simply lovely in every way.

If we're talking new, then this is more like it:

Look at that gorgeous front... You can almost SEE it SNARLING at you....!!

Plus, it's also (almost) practical, unlike that thing you posted...!

Marco.
    WOW. I like-eee

A proper man's car, John, not a hairdresser's 'Girly Go-Kart'...

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread