+ Reply to Thread
Page 608 of 611 FirstFirst ... 108508558598606607608609610 ... LastLast
Results 6,071 to 6,080 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Yes, try-before-you-buy, that's the way to go. My vote would be for those funky-looking little VW vans. A decent bit of load space, probably only 2 seats though.
    VW Buzz Cargo? - we had one of those last year

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

I do like that.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Dave.

I quite like some of the two colour VW electric Buzz models - but they look hellishly expensive.

https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Search for the Style models - the ones on the first few "pages" are boring. I could re-edit this to go straight to those - but life is too short.
    Dave

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    I quite like some of the two colour VW electric Buzz models - but they look hellishly expensive.
    That's because they are. If I were to add up the total cost of every car, bike and van I've bought during my time on earth, it wouldn't match the cost of this thing. Maybe they'll become more affordable eventually, but by then it'll be way past my bedtime.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Dave.

We used to have something like this 1970s VW Transporter -

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/11/vw...lp-of-ev-west/

petrol - not electrified. I think it cost around £3500 - kitted out as a camper van. Got us round Spain, and later I used it to go to work and also sometimes as a temporary office. Was useful for moving furniture, and on occasions car gearboxes or other heavy and difficult car parts.Of course that £3500 was old money and we sold it on around 1983 or 1984 IIRC.
    Dave

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    they are useful for working in off road sites etc. land rover is more able but a good one of these with the open backs are good too. economically and enviornmentally they a disasterous tho.
    Probably a bit more useful up here - there are farmers and loggers who might find them useful. Better than yummy mummies using them in Surrey to take kids to school, though mostly those use huge SUVs. I didn't like pickups in the US, and often they'd come up behind and hang there for miles on mountain roads - either going up or going down. I took delight in the day when I finally floored it on the way down a mountain, and drove a pickup off into a turnout. Took half a year or more of practice to do that.

At least some of the roads in the US are wide enough to handle large vehicles. In the UK they are generally a disaster on ordinary roads.
    Dave

I'm James.

Default Black Widow exhaust

Hello, have any motorcyclists on here had any experience of Black Widow exhausts? Good quality? Road legal? Cheers James
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Hello, have any motorcyclists on here had any experience of Black Widow exhausts? Good quality? Road legal? Cheers James
    Yeah, I've seen those being sold via Ebay, good price. I too would be interested in folk's opinions.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm James.

Had a reply from Black Widow Exhausts, apparently they would pass an MOT but they arnt yet road legal, waiting for approval
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Steve.

Yeah so if you were stopped by a copper who was determined to get you for something, that would do the trick. In reality it would probably be fine as long as you weren't revving the knackers off it. My concern would be more to do with the quality and longevity of the can's finish.

On an unrelated note I got my insurance renewal notice for my bike (FireBlade RR3) today, from Bennetts. £149 (up from £141 last year). I can live with that. The real cost this spring will be replacing some of my motorcycle clothing, which has mysteriously shrunk since I last wore them 3 years ago

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread