+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 611 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197597 ... LastLast

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Kevin.

Yep. I made the mistake of using the YouTube button for a YouTube video....
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Justin.

Test driving a 2018 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS on 16th July. Because I can >£100K, 450 bhp, 0-62 3.6 seconds. Not bad.

Turbos though. Bad. GT3 4 litre naturally aspirated would have been better for awesome sonics.

I'm Geoff.

No longer interested in fast cars. Not even moderately brisk ones.

There's nowhere on public roads that you can use them properly. The chances of getting nicked these days are just too great.

There are speed cameras, mobile speed traps and unmarked police cars everywhere.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Aye, thats how the force is funded now i think.. traffic fines. Pity the real criminals just seem to get away with their cons...especially the fat cats
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Test driving a 2018 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS on 16th July. Because I can >£100K, 450 bhp, 0-62 3.6 seconds. Not bad.

Turbos though. Bad. GT3 4 litre naturally aspirated would have been better for awesome sonics.
    Not too shabby. Are you allowed to use launch control on a test drive?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    No longer interested in fast cars. Not even moderately brisk ones.

There's nowhere on public roads that you can use them properly. The chances of getting nicked these days are just too great.

There are speed cameras, mobile speed traps and unmarked police cars everywhere.
    I've had a clean licence for almost 20 years. Given the way I drive, that suggests a fairly lax enforcement regime .

I get your point though - performance cars have in a way become too much compromised towards Nurburgring lap times and stupid low profile tyres/large wheels for my liking. In a way, I enjoy low/moderate performance (in absolute terms) cars with great handling that make you feel like you're making it go fast than it normally would, using heal+toe gear changes like I do in my 1.6 Focus mk.1 shit heap. Having said that I do also rather like the performance of my 5.5 twin turbo v8 AMG though, if not the fuel consumption
    Technics SL1210| Jelco SA-750| Benz Micro ACE SM MC| Squeezebox Touch/MCRU linear PSU | Cambridge Audio 851C | High Resolution Music Streamer II+ / Linestreamer+ | Raspberry Pi 2/IQ-Audio DAC+ / Max2Play | Conrad-Johnson ET3 Control Amplifier| Conrad-Johnson LP125sa KT120 Power Amplifier| Avalon NP Evo 2.0 Speakers| Cardas Audio Quadlink-5C Speaker Cables and Interconnects| Finite Elemente Pagode Signature E-14 equipment support

I'm Geoff.

Sooner or later, new cars will come with limiters that restrict top speed to whatever is in force locally. It's just a matter of time.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Never had a ticket either .... fortunately I do try and stay legal although it only takes a moments lack of awareness and your nicked
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Not too shabby. Are you allowed to use launch control on a test drive?
    I'm not sure what the deal is. It is a Porsche open day and they just e-mailed me asking me what I wanted to drive. So I said a 911 of some description - I'm hardly gonna say no.

The last time I took a test drive they just gave me the keys and said come back in two hours.

They do try to sell you the cars, though. We've had two free days at Silverstone at their facility so far, with lots of time on the tracks with gourmet meals chucked in.

Way better than Mercedes ownership from that point of view. I drove their cars for 13 years and never got anywhere near as nicely treated.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Sooner or later, new cars will come with limiters that restrict top speed to whatever is in force locally. It's just a matter of time.
    Nah there's no money that way. However, driverless may do it, when we're all ferried around like zombies. When driverless gets common and cars are communicating with each other there is potential for much better throughput on our drastically overcrowded roads, however.

The over-population this country is experiencing is BY FAR the worst problem. It is killing driving for pleasure. That and the fact actually living it in for the fear of cat and mouse speeding fines, the vast majority of which are for a slight exceedance of the speed limit.

+ Reply to Thread