+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 609 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm malcolm.

Just paid this year's road tax £555!!! It's gone up by £20 a year again.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by willbewill View Post
    Just paid this year's road tax £555!!! It's gone up by £20 a year again.
    Mine was £0.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Bloody hell, Malcolm, and out in the sticks in West Wales, too! What do you drive?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm malcolm.

Volvo xc70, 2.5 turbo petrol 2007, it's an auto but is pretty quick albeit pretty thirsty as well. Crazy how they penalize cars like these which are built to last, surely more environmentally friendly than something full of toxic batteries that are short lived.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Geoff.

I've noticed that Autotrader sellers are now leaving tax details blank for motors like the Land Rover Defender for instance. Probably trying to avoid putting buyers off.

Volvo xc70, 2.5 turbo petrol 2007, it's an auto but is pretty quick albeit pretty thirsty as well. Crazy how they penalize cars like these which are built to last, surely more environmentally friendly than something full of toxic batteries that are short lived.
    That's mad.... My Brabster (Merc C350) is a late 2008 model, similar to your car, in that it also has a big engine, and I only pay £370 a year for road tax.

Why on earth are you paying so much more for a car of similar age and size?

How much is your insurance?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm malcolm.

It's all down to the emissions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    That's mad.... My Brabster (Merc C350) is a late 2008 model, similar to your car, in that it also has a big engine, and I only pay £370 a year for road tax.

Why on earth are you paying so much more for a car of similar age and size?

Marco.
    Audiophile Tosher

It's all down to the emissions.
    Yeah, but mine's a diesel!

How much is your annual insurance?

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I've noticed that Autotrader sellers are now leaving tax details blank for motors like the Land Rover Defender for instance. Probably trying to avoid putting buyers off.
    And quite right, too. Anyone who doesn't *need* a 4-wheel driven car, and simply just 'likes to be high up', as a result of mindless stupidity, should be TAXED TO THE HILT. Anything that limits the amount of these vehicles clogging up our roads, driven by idiots who can't handle them properly, is fine in my book!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm malcolm.

Insurance is ok, about £370, the diesel models tax can be as low as £30, all down to CO2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yeah, but mine's a diesel!

How much is your annual insurance?

Marco.
    Audiophile Tosher

+ Reply to Thread