Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe The Best Band In The World

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Half Man Half Biscuit. Obviously.
    That's past the 70's not allowed

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpinkman View Post
    That's cheating Geoff. You've listed a fair few of the main suspects - but I think we have to choose one.

i am having an interim go at "The Eagles". Any idea of the criteria?
    Trying to choose one band as 'the best'? You may as well ask which is 'the best album', there can be no conclusive answer. Too much good stuff and too many great bands.

The Eagles? No. They were talented and musically accomplished, no doubt. but their music didn't do a lot for me. I much preferred Joe Walsh's offerings when he pursued his solo career.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    That's past the 70's not allowed
    Damn! OK, in that case it'll have to be The Velvet Underground.

I'm Geoff.

There's one hugely influential band nobody has mentioned as far as I'm aware. The Moody Blues, who were truly massive in the late sixties, early seventies and did some wonderful stuff. I think people have forgotten how regarded they were.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Trying to choose one band as 'the best'? You may as well ask which is 'the best album', there can be no conclusive answer. Too much good stuff and too many great bands.

The Eagles? No. They were talented and musically accomplished, no doubt. but their music didn't do a lot for me. I much preferred Joe Walsh's offerings when he pursued his solo career.
    Ah - missed it. Wrong criteria. According to John (Bass player) they were THE rock&roll bad boys - women, drugs, smashed up hotel rooms - you name it

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    There's one hugely influential band nobody has mentioned as far as I'm aware. The Moody Blues, who were truly massive in the late sixties, early seventies and did some wonderful stuff. I think people have forgotten how regarded they were.
    I aint forgot. The first three {Deram} albums are absolutly fantastic in my eyes..

I'm Josie.

For me I think the entries so far are 'all the best bands' I can only prioritise in to my musical top list.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Martin.

Lots of great Seventies bands but for me it has to be between The Jimi Hendrix Experience and Led Zeppelin. Zeppelin win on points.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm stu.

If i can't have the smiths i'll go probably with the stranglers as all there best work was done by the late 70s or zappa or the doors.
    301/Puresound 2A3/quite large Grf cab horny ones.Eminence/Coral/Le cleach

I'm Paul.

Def Leppard every time for me
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast