+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe The Best Band In The World

I'm Nobody.

Default Maybe The Best Band In The World

List possibilities! Nothin past the 70's cos it goes without saying!

I goes first THE WHO {Sell Out} However i cannot get it to sound right in Digtal Stereo or Mono, such a brilliant fuzzy..

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Excellent idea for a thread André. It's sure to provoke controversy!

Give me a little time to think about my reply; though your suggestion of The Who with 'Sell Out' is a good start.

Nice one.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Cor! Where do you start?

There are many who although different were just great. I don't think you can just have one 'best' at all.

I mean, who is to judge who's the best out of maybe Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention, The Beatles, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, King Crimson, The Doors, Ozric Tentacles, Jefferson Airplane, Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Bob Dylan and The Band, The Patti Smith Group, Cream, Spirit, Fleetwood Mac, Journey, Rush, Wishbone Ash, Hawkwind, Pink Floyd, etc., etc., etc.

Just so much great talent. There is NO single best!

(I'm sure Andr'e is going to mention ELP, but I'm sorry, much as I liked Greg Lake with KC, I just don't like 'em. )
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm joe.

Half Man Half Biscuit. Obviously.

I'm sorted.

Deep Purple

I'm ChrisB.

I completely agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    ......I mean, who is to judge who's the best out of maybe Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention, The Beatles, Crosby Stills Nash & Young.......
    To put it into perspective, I couldn't even say which was the best of the Zappa bands, never mind the rest of 'em!

I'm ILOB.

Lots of great bands
    Zep awesome live band
    Mahavishnu Orchestra Took jazz rock to new heights
    King Crimson
    Sabbath
    Thin Lizzy Love the twin guitar attack I tend to prefer Scott and Brian on guitars
    Rush were a fav from this period and so was UFO Both live albums are classics
    Loved the first Montrose album classic hard rock
    But to hard to pick a best
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Dan.

Hard to argue with Zepp, Who, Beatles, Deep Purple, Thin Lizzy, but I think Guns N Roses need to be up there too.

I'm Dan.

And Sabbath and Pink Floyd (how on earth did I miss them?)

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Cor! Where do you start?

There are many who although different were just great. I don't think you can just have one 'best' at all.

I mean, who is to judge who's the best out of maybe Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention, The Beatles, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, King Crimson, The Doors, Ozric Tentacles, Jefferson Airplane, Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Bob Dylan and The Band, The Patti Smith Group, Cream, Spirit, Fleetwood Mac, Journey, Rush, Wishbone Ash, Hawkwind, Pink Floyd, etc., etc., etc.

Just so much great talent. There is NO single best!

(I'm sure Andr'e is going to mention ELP, but I'm sorry, much as I liked Greg Lake with KC, I just don't like 'em. )
    That's cheating Geoff. You've listed a fair few of the main suspects - but I think we have to choose one.

I'm struggling. I'm known as a Pink Floyd boy, and still struggling to do a credible "Shine on" solo on my trusty 'lectric, would have to be sore tempted by Cream, and want to toss Genesis into the pot too. But for a bit of fun, and based on a particular criteria - on the word of the Bass player of an amazing band I roadied for ("The Grandads" - at the time I was doing their sound engineering, the youngest was the guitarist at 57, and the "senior" Chris on drums, had supported The Beatles)

i am having an interim go at "The Eagles". Any idea of the criteria?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast