+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LAT DI-30 Signature

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    An interesting thread because, up to now, I had always thought that there was very little difference between digital interconnects. Although I use NVA Sound Pipe cables from dac to amp I just use a cheap Gotham digital cable from SB3 to dac so maybe an upgrade is on the cards.
    I have come to the theory that the digital interconnect is as important as the stylus/arm is to a turntable.( My advice from now on is get the best digi cable you can afford and not the stereo interconnects or at least make the digi cable the top priority). I don't think its that weird a comparison as the digi cable transfers the vital signal to the external dac thats going to convert to analogue. So yeah Covenant at least try another digital interconnect for the sb3 if you can. If your happy with the sound pipe go for that one as it seems to do the same as the LAT from what Gazjam describes in the thread above. I think Audusa does a money back guarantee if you don't like it but its something i don't intend to do. My friend said the digi cable needed 24 hrs burn in to sound its best and become stable. On the net some say as much as 60 hrs. I should recieve my LAT DI-30 by next wednesday/thursday

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    An interesting thread because, up to now, I had always thought that there was very little difference between digital interconnects. Although I use NVA Sound Pipe cables from dac to amp I just use a cheap Gotham digital cable from SB3 to dac so maybe an upgrade is on the cards.
    I'm using the NVA Sound Cords, wonder how these would fair against the dearer Sound Pipes..?
    You compared them at all Cov??

Try using a coupl eof normal interconnects if you get bored one afternoon Cov....
    See what you think about the different sounds etc..

If your interested, I've a spare Belden 1649a Co-ax (The Mark Grant kind) you can have, just cover the postage.
    PM if your interested Mate.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 16-05-2009 at 20:25.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Jerry.

The Sound Pipes are excellent Gaz-tried a few interconnects before I settled on them including the Gothams which I thought produced flabby bass in my system. They were flavour of the month for a while but I didnt get on with them. Not tried the Sound Cords but everyone speaks highly of them so probably not a lot in it.
    Thanks for the Belden offer-I will PM you tomorrow after the vino has worn off.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12