+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Macca's Lash Up

I'm Martin.

Hi Chris - according to the NVA shop on eBay there is a P50 which is cheaper than the P90. Then there is the stock P90, and then a P90 with fancy stepped attenuator which appears to be the top of the range. This was bought used from an AOS member, the current models do not appear to have the twin pots. The phono stage is line level so a separate head amp is required for vinyl, although a built in phono stage is an option the site does not appear to quote a price for that.

Interestingly it has three outputs so you can bi or tri amp (or connect a couple of powered subs, which would be fun ). Another nice touch is a 'direct' input that bypasses the selector gubbins if only using one source - that is how I have it wired up.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm ChrisB.

I realised they have several outputs - using those is an approach I'd thoroughly recommend because bi- or tri-amping can bring incredible improvements to a system. I've been sold on it since about 1995. I should think another XTZ would be rather good in your system.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    . I should think another XTZ would be rather good in your system.
    I won't lie, the thought had crossed my mind...but I already have a pile of unused power amps, not sure I can conscience buying any more of them
    Current Lash Up:

I'm ChrisB.

Flog 'em!
    Buy the XTZ with the proceeds - call it tidying up!!!

I'm Martin.

I did offer them for sale on here a while back, at giveaway prices but there were no takers. What can you do?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    Don't blame you.. Wish i lived alone sometimes but being married is all ive known for 28 years..
    There's no point in getting married, just find someone you hate and give them your house

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Just make sure that any power amp choice has a VERY HIGH input impedance (47k absolute minimum I reckon and higher would be better if two amps effectively paralleled), especially if bi-amping is part of the deal with a passive preamp.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Martin.

Input impedance of the XTZ is quoted as 20K so possibly not a good idea. Unless that just relates to the pre-amp section.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    ... an Ideal Home exhibit.
    LOL: The pics I took of my system ... well if only you could have seen what was behind the camera!

Interested in your comment about a RCM. I have only just invested in one, a very basic Spin-Clean. I was astonished, not just in the dirt that came off, but an improvement in sound quality! Unfortunately it is over 5 mins an LP. How long does it take with the Moth?
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Martin.

Moth takes about 3 minutes to clean a typical record, although if it is particularly grungey you could double that, it depends on how long you feel the need to scrub it before vacuuming. It does amaze me how many people there are with mega bucks turntables and cartridges who 'clean' their records with nothing more than a brush or a cloth. Like running a Ferrari on re-treads.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast