+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sorbothane

I'm John.

Default Sorbothane

Recently I have added sorbothane supports under all my equipment and have had some pleasing results.

Then I thought of doing this to the tonearm cable of my turntable. With my system (Techy sl1200, SME V, Ortofon 2M Black, MN bearing and platter, TS power supply, Techniboots Support Feet) I was surprised by an easily discernible improvement. Bigger soundstage, clearer mids. And and increase in background detail not previously heard by myself.

A very cost effective tweak.

MartinT Guest

Do you know, I did something very similar just a couple of weeks ago to my Yannis tonearm cable, leading it off the back shelf by resting it on a sorbothane footer. I experienced the same small improvement.

Good stuff, sorbothane, as long as it isn't over-done.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I saw David Price doing the same tweak at the MCRU Audio weekend.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Andrew.

Ive been doing it for ages! All my boxed seperates sit on Sorbothane footers (phonostage, P10 power regeneator, preamp and the 1210's PSU). My speakers sit on 10mm of the stuff. The only area where I dont use it is directly under my 1210 where I feel it dampens the performance of the deck.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm David.

maybe you should sit on it too dude, helps when you are bouncing along to a great piece of music

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by prestonchipfryer View Post
    Recently I have added sorbothane supports under all my equipment and have had some pleasing results.

Then I thought of doing this to the tonearm cable of my turntable. With my system (Techy sl1200, SME V, Ortofon 2M Black, MN bearing and platter, TS power supply, Techniboots Support Feet) I was surprised by an easily discernible improvement. Bigger soundstage, clearer mids. And and increase in background detail not previously heard by myself.

A very cost effective tweak.

john those cables are very dusty mate, have you not trained your wife properly in the art of cable cleaning?

I'm John.

David, surely you know it's fairy dust and my missus won't go near it.

I'm David.

oh yes I forgot about that

did you show her the snake oil too?

I'm John.

Slippery enough David. Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread