+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paradise Phono Stage

I'm Deleted.

I very much doubt there will be any unbuilt stages in three years - but you never know.
    Account Deleted

I'm John.

I know, its a long shot but a glimmer of hope helps...

My heart sank when I saw Simon's post.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I very much doubt there will be any unbuilt stages in three years - but you never know.

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Well I sincerely hope that what was basically a misunderstanding/communications breakdown has now been put behind us

Yes I would certainly like your opinion on the new one even if it's in prototype form when you get to hear it
    Yes indeed .

I would be very interested in hearing your new design when it is ready.
    Account Deleted

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    I know, its a long shot but a glimmer of hope helps...
    Fingers crossed . There may be more boards produced by then.

I can't blooming wait for the back panel material to turn up so I can finish the whole project off .
    Account Deleted

I'm Sandro.

Default Paradise phonostage what else

wow 2 treads about the Paradise in this forum
    I have the R2 boards for quite same time and I am in the process of populating the R3 boards I bought 2 years ago

It is the best phono stage I have heard but I think I can be made to be even better.

One thing I do not like is the lay out of the power supply
    There are same transistors under the heat sinks and that get pretty hot that could do whit same improvements
    The second thing I would look at is the servo same what of an improvement have been made by upgrading the op-amps
    I would like to see, I don’t know if this is correct, a second order version meaning 2 cascaded filters.
    I am handy whit welding components and drawing Circuit boards but can do whit same help whit a betterer servo.
    I must say
    I have not listened to it whit the Calvin buffers so servo may be not so important.

I have seen £750 for cost of build compared to what is on the market for that price I can say that in terms of speed nothing get even close to the Paradise

I'm Simon.

I don't think the servo is audible, but I guess that depends on how much it's working. Match the input stage and current mirrors to better than 1%, isolate the input stage thermally, and the servo should have almost nothing to do. I know in the units I build i seldom see the servo opamp doing any heavy lifting. Also a swap to a OPA627 or other low DC offset/drift op-amp can improve things over the standard part. If you think that DC drift is a concern and are worried about the servo I'd tackle it at source and do all you can to eliminate the offset before it happens.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Sandro.

I must agree whit you that to eliminate the cause is better than having to use a cure, still a better servo would not hurt....
    How much?£££££ OPA 627

I'm Simon.

25 quid each.... And the difference is tiny.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Deleted.

I put them in mine back when it was fist suggested (aided by the fact that Si had installed ZF sockets for them in in the original build (they weren't quite so expensive back then - but still not cheap)). Anyway, I thought they made quite a clear beneficial difference back then - not massive but audible.
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123