+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good, cheap headphones - Koss Porta Pro

I'm Rich.

Bought a pair for Mrs B's Christmas present to use with the tablet PC she's getting. Look forward to trying them out myself....
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    Bought a pair for Mrs B's Christmas present to use with the tablet PC she's getting. Look forward to trying them out myself....
    Have a try yet?
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Have a try yet?
    Only briefly to test they are working. Been making the most of my time off work with a stack of vinyl and the main system. Initial quick impression was of nice bass depth which surprised me considering their lightweight construction. I'll borrow them for my next big commute in the new year and run them out properly then.

I'm Neil.

Yes, they go way deeper than they look, and have a "rich and warm" character that is so lacking in portable cans. They are also very forgiving headphones even with low bitrates. They make it fun to listen to my iPhone when am out and about.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm John.

Bang for buck they are the best headphones anyone will ever buy.

I had a set for a while. They sounded fantastic through my electric piano better than my Grado SR80i.

I'm Darren.

Not a detail monster but does play a god tune. Seriously great vfm and great for holiday use if they get lost damaged you ain't hurting for long.

I'm Rich.

agree, they're a fine pair of cans and my mrs is most happy with them.

For the money, they're a no brainer. Whether they'll last as long as my akg 450s which have been a constant travelling companion for nearly 2 years now remains to be seen and at 40quid a pair from richers are cracking buy. In that time they've survived 3 different jobs, visits to 6 different countries, countless long train journeys and still get almost daily use.

I wouldn't subject the koss to this as they're not built for and lack the carry case, and the cable rubs against one of my many chins somewhat... I'm not about to kick off a diet just to fit them!

I'm Chris.

The SportaPro sounds very good too, is more portable and does come with a carrying pouch.
    iFi ZEN Stream/TV/CXC >> RME ADI2 DAC >> XTZ Edge A2-300 >> Rogers LS8a

PC >> Hugo 2 >> iFi Pro iCAN Sig >> Raal-Requisite CA-1a

I'm Neil.

The Porta Pros are much more durable than they feel. The black versions though are not due to a flimsier cable.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by DJAlex View Post
    Not a detail monster but does play a god tune. Seriously great vfm and great for holiday use if they get lost damaged you ain't hurting for long.
    Yep, they are good with hymns, but good for other music, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123