+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Ushers! Clunkity Clunk? Really?

I'm James.

It looks to be just an additional chamber to lower the tweeters Fs [resonant frequency] glue it back on & forget about it

I'm Neil.

My paranoia would set in, and I would want to use the same epoxy for both tweeters. That it has come off suggests that it has been dropped.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Neil.

Of course am probably being silly and it would be fine if just glued back on...
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    My paranoia would set in, and I would want to use the same epoxy for both tweeters. That it has come off suggests that it has been dropped.
    Well, yes... If the OP feels the same way I'd recommend asking the seller to go halves on a new tweeter from Usher.

I'm Paul.

If used and not from a dealer, I'd use contact adhesive in case of the need to take apart in the future. Evo-Stick is perfect for the job. If used but from a dealer on Ebay, this shouldn't affect your Statutory rights and you are entitled to return them for repair or a refund although you have to pay the cost of the return shipping, so it'd be cheaper to repair them yourself and ask the seller for a little consideration (money off) and make sure the photos are emailed as evidence. Goods bought "good as new" consequently found to be faulty can be viewed as "not as described". Any respectable seller would give you at least a little consideration for the trouble, time and expense of putting them right.

I'm Stuart.

Thanks for all your help!

Considering that returning them would be a long trip (shipping back from bulgaria...) i took James advice and just stuck'em back on. Worst case i will need to re order tweeters from Usher some day.

In any case the result is they seem to work well - they sound mirrored, good airy and wide field - so i dont think the glue did anything bad.

There is chance the other one will pop off too, so i will watch for it!

Quote Originally Posted by istari_knight View Post
    It looks to be just an additional chamber to lower the tweeters Fs [resonant frequency] glue it back on & forget about it
    I think you are right it is not a critical component - with it removed, i could not hear a clear difference between the two speakers.

Thanks for all the advice!!
    New System (so far): Meridian 506 CD/ALAC -> Unison Research Little Italy -> Spendor S5e
    Secondary system: Airport Express -> BeoLab 3 Speakers (still need replacing - too fatiguing)
    TV Room: Marantz NR 1504-> Usher S520/525 speakers
    Original System: NAD C541 CD Player -> NAD C340 Amp -> lamp cord -> B&W CM2 Speakers, Ipod/Itunes ALAC- secondary source

I'm gone.

Well done!

Sounds like you got a good deal.

I had a bass cone come partially loose on a pair of used Apogee ribbon hybrids. I just glued it back on. Sorted. Why make a fuss and obsess over it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12