+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would you change these?

I'm Stuart.

Default Would you change these?

Hi!

I just recieved the K20 Linn speaker cables, here are the current terminations. They are soldered, and solid, but looking a bit old.

Would you replace them? or just sandpaper them a bit?

Thanks!
    Stu

New System (so far): Meridian 506 CD/ALAC -> Unison Research Little Italy -> Spendor S5e
    Secondary system: Airport Express -> BeoLab 3 Speakers (still need replacing - too fatiguing)
    TV Room: Marantz NR 1504-> Usher S520/525 speakers
    Original System: NAD C541 CD Player -> NAD C340 Amp -> lamp cord -> B&W CM2 Speakers, Ipod/Itunes ALAC- secondary source

I'm Nobody.

I don't believe in soldering banana's however they look worth lobbbing in the bin.

I use LOK Rhodium plugs, best plugs ive ever bought

I'm Nodrog.

They do look a bit cheap and nasty. I would change them, if only for appearances sake.

I'm John.

I don't especially like the Deltron type Banana plug, if it were me I would replace them.

I'm James.

They look alright to me... Just put some heatshrink over the cable up to the thread. I prefer using Z-Plugs myself but its not the end of the world.

I'm paul.

They look fine just clean with any polish and rub hard don't use sandpaper ,
    Or replace them with some fancy jobs and report any impovement in performance, could be interesting

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

They're silver plated, so may just need a very careful clean.

The less said about the godawful k20 cables the better - they seem to sap all the life out of the music and I don't know why, unless the insulation is having some sort of an effect - ugh!!!
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Stuart.

Oh dear, really?

Im using them because the amp is an Exposure, and low impedance cable is 'required'.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    They're silver plated, so may just need a very careful clean.

The less said about the godawful k20 cables the better - they seem to sap all the life out of the music and I don't know why, unless the insulation is having some sort of an effect - ugh!!!
    New System (so far): Meridian 506 CD/ALAC -> Unison Research Little Italy -> Spendor S5e
    Secondary system: Airport Express -> BeoLab 3 Speakers (still need replacing - too fatiguing)
    TV Room: Marantz NR 1504-> Usher S520/525 speakers
    Original System: NAD C541 CD Player -> NAD C340 Amp -> lamp cord -> B&W CM2 Speakers, Ipod/Itunes ALAC- secondary source

I'm Alan.

There's quite a choice of suitable, decent speaker wires out there for fussy amplifiers, TQ, NVA, Exposure, Cable talk 3, Avondale Blacklink, Naim whatever, probably Mark Grant as well...

I think Avondale Blacklink is as good as almost anything TBH, and is very good value. It's also thin and unobtrusive.
    Best regards, Alan
    Also playing on AudioChews

+ Reply to Thread