+ Reply to Thread

Thread: O well another one

I'm Nobody.

Default O well another one

I said i wouldnt start another topic because of arses thread crapping but here goes.

Does your listerning/lifestyle habbits govern your view on hi-fi & listerning

Example. At night i turn the lights down, pour drinkipoos which is nearally always Red wine. listern to my 70's gear, loverly warm glowing sound that relaxes me beyond belief, i could never relax to modern systems, metal dome tweeters

I think a lot of people simply don't relax because they are too obsessed with the stereo. besides don't clean cut hifi's make less sence when you had a few jars or maybe not!

I'm Dave.

Mine does most definatly. For some reason I couldn't ever relax whilst listening to cee dee's. Something about the mechanics of it all screwing with my head.

I love the sound of natural acoustic instruments with a lot of space in the music. Cluttered brash music ie metal/punk/hipperty hop and the like just wind me up.

Just give me two bottles of full bodied red wine and pure music with notes that can breath and I will be happy.
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm Andrei.

Have to agree with you guys about the fruit juice - ok grape juice - ok ok wine then. Couch, blanket, bottle of the good stuff, and some warm sounds. Detail is great in music but it not the only thing. So long as I have a good soundstage I am a happy camper - it helps to feel surrounded by the music. Missus calls ... later honey, later.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Dave.

I agree with you Andre, just being satisfied with your kit has a big part to play,especially how your kit sounds at night time volume. The music as Dave mentioned has a part to play too, i tent to listen to less 'full on, get up and go type tunes' at night, Last track played by me before bed was 'the view belongs to everyone by the fun loving criminals (a hip hop track), i found that tune, no booze ( im off it at the mo), happy in my life and work, nice lighting etc, very relaxing. ALL this talk about wine, think i may open my stashed bottle of lovely 'Squids fist ' red tonight.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm gone.

I listen to CDs most of the time - easy to boogie to, and easy to relax with as well. It mostly depends on the music, though - I choose the music to match my mood, not my hifi, my hifi can play anything I would want to listen to well.

I'm pretty much a tee-totaller, though, so maybe that helps.

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I'm pretty much a tee-totaller, though, so maybe that helps.
    No wonder you can afford such great equipment!
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Hesketh.

Is your Avatar from lost in space?
    People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outcast View Post
    Is your Avatar from lost in space?
    I believe it's from 'Fantastic Voyage' Hesketh

I'm Andy.

lndeed, a beer, lights down, AOS forum- sorted.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

+ Reply to Thread