+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul McCartney's new track, take a listen - New album out in October

I'm Josie.

Default Paul McCartney's new track, take a listen - New album out in October

Macca is back with a bouncy beatlesque track. New album out this October.

What do we think?

Personally I didn't like the Kisses on the bottom album, it was just too self indulgently tame... but hey, who cares.

http://www.paulmccartney.com/news-bl...paul-mccartney
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Dave.

It's ok I suppose. Nothing special...
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm Deleted.

It is much more Beatles like than the majority of his solo stuff has been - unfortunately, to me, it also has a distinctly pastiche quality to it.
    Account Deleted

I'm Nodrog.

I thought that was horrible.

I wish the old buggers would give it a rest. So many great musicians won't admit that their time has passed. Another is Paul Simon, who is my all time favourite 'male' songwriter and performer. His voice has gone completely and his inspiration seems to have gone with it.

I am the same generation and used to be able to do all sorts of stuff that I can't any more. I just have to admit it, snuffle a bit and carry on. I 'spose its this hooked on fame bit

I'm Paul.

It's not really that far removed from some of the Beatles stuff. The difference is that John and George would have added that extra dimension. Macca has done some more edgy and different stuff in recent years. I suggest checking out the last Fireman album.

Gordon you obviously didn't listen to Paul Simon's last album. His voice is good on that - dare I say pretty close to what it has always been. I remember he had problems when last at Glasto because of a cold. Just cause you're an old crock doesn't mean they should pack it in. Perhaps they actually enjoy performing as they hardly need the money. If you don't like it plenty of other stuff to listen too.

I'm Nodrog.

[QUOTE=Audioman;476193

Gordon you obviously didn't listen to Paul Simon's last album. His voice is good on that - dare I say pretty close to what it has always been. [/QUOTE]

I tried to but I just haven't liked anything from Surprise (Apart from once upon a time there was an ocean - great song) onwards. I'm sorry, I thought his voice still sounded very thin and struggling to hold a tune.

As you say, there is lots to listen to but when you have spent half a lifetime enjoying a particular artist, it comes as a bit of a shock when they fail to maintain the high standard they have set. Nothing new though, in any field its rare to maintain the 'fire of youth'. Wish I had a bit more left

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    I tried to but I just haven't liked anything from Surprise (Apart from once upon a time there was an ocean - great song) onwards. I'm sorry, I thought his voice still sounded very thin and struggling to hold a tune.

As you say, there is lots to listen to but when you have spent half a lifetime enjoying a particular artist, it comes as a bit of a shock when they fail to maintain the high standard they have set. Nothing new though, in any field its rare to maintain the 'fire of youth'. Wish I had a bit more left
    The last Paul Simon album was 'So Beautiful Or So What' - big improvement over Surprise which suffers from an odd production approach for PS. A return to form if not up with his classic stuff.

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioman View Post
    The last Paul Simon album was 'So Beautiful Or So What' - big improvement over Surprise which suffers from an odd production approach for PS. A return to form if not up with his classic stuff.
    Yup, I tried some bits on YouTube, just didn't connect with me at all. Maybe I'll try again.

I'm Nodrog.

Nope, tried again, still think his voice is shot and his melodic sense seems to have wandered off somewhere. Ho hum, each to their own eh?

I'm Josie.

The Fireman album was superb I really liked it but I do think that was the last thing he did that had any kind of merit. Kisses on the bottom was a lazy album, much like the later Neil Young after Mirror Ball. To me anyway.

I think Macca's voice has been failing for quite some time now which is most unfortunate. I'm a great fan of his stuff and of course the Beatles. But I too am edging to say that it's time to hang up the Hofner.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast