+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gidday from the land down under ;)

I'm Kyle.

Cool Gidday from the land down under ;)

Greetings all, I'm TVC15 and a newbie to the world of HiFi. I love music all sorts but some of my favs are Van the Man and David Bowie. My story is that I have always been a HiFi pauper and have lusted long and hard over other peoples gear which all started when my brother brought his first pair of Celef speakers when I was just a kid. My current set up is very basic and I am hoping to learn from the wise men on the AOS forum what I need and how to set it up to make the best I can from a beer budget. I have two sets of gear currently both basic home theatre arrangements. First room has a 5.1 system; Onkyo TXsr308 AVR, Mirage bookshelf fronts, Mirage Omni 10 sub, Cambridge Audio Minx for surrounds, Dali concept centre channel, ATV2 for streaming and an old Marantz turntable - please no laughing! Second room is a ceiling mounted projector with a Samsung Sound bar with wireless sub, pumps out great sound for movies but crap for music.
    I have just brought a pair of Monitor Audio BX5 speakers for the first room and I have an old Denon int amp that I will probably set this up with for music only and am currently waiting for the new speakers to arrive. The journey begins.....

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Hi and welcome Kyle Hope you enjoy the forum madhouse
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm ChrisB.

Hi Kyle,
    Welcome to AoS - I guessed you might be a Bowie fan from the name!

Cheers

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Kyle.

Enjoy the journey!

Regards
    Barry

I'm Paul.

Welcome to the forum Kyle
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Steve.

Welcome from a fellow Aussie.
    Steve.

Kit I have:
    CD player, TTs, Phono stages, Pre amps, Power amps, Integrated amps, DACs, Streamers, Speakers and a bunch of cables.

I'm Dave.

Hi Kyle
    Welcome to AOS.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

+ Reply to Thread