+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nearly there....just added some petite Sonus Fabers..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Mark.

Smile Nearly there....just added some petite Sonus Fabers..

Hello! I hope this photo works okay. Here's my system so far (after 33 years), I think I am nearly there after many years of development. My last investment were the fantastic little Sonus Faber Elipsa Auditor speakers. Very pleased to find a Graaf GM50 valve to replace my Naim/Linn set up. Looking to tweak it with some better cables, the Linn and Naim speaker cables sound rather fat and 'thick' sounding. Sources are the (now rather old) Linn-Ittok-Troika and Naim CDSII.

Thanks for looking

I'm ChrisB.

Hi Mark,
    That looks good. Are you able to pull the speakers out a little? I expect they'd enjoy a little elbow room!

I'm paul.

Hi Mark, lovely system you have there
    more pics of the Graaf please (one of my fave intergrated valve amps)
    those Sonus Fabers look fantastic too

I'm Jason.

Nice looking set up Mark those speakers and stands look very nice

I'm Paul.

Wow very nice looking system there Mark - thought I saw a CDS2 there

Paul.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Mark.

Default System so far...

Thanks Guys.
    In reply to some of the questions - the Sonus Fabers sound quite spacious as they are in an alcove. Bringing them out more seems to make the soundstage vague. Pushing them back gives them way to much bass. (I rejected the larger Cremonas because they put out loads more bass than my small room could handle).
    I'd love to take some nice shots of the outside of the Graaf but the shiney black finish and refective window make it a devil to photograph. I can post some nice shots of its interior!
    The stands are Custom Design RS303 which I had modified to get the eliptical toplate to match the speaker. Its a shame SF don't make a custom stand. Yes the CD player is the CDS2, not sure its the last word against newer competitors but it sounds okay.
    Cheers
    Mark

I'm Mark.

Default Graaf interiors....

A self indulgent one to finish

I'm paul.

Wow you beat me to it was just gonna ask for some internal pics of Mr Mariani's wonderful QC.
    I am totally biased but I love Graaf amps , I don't know anything about your CD player but if it does not have balanced outputs ditch it for one that does same with your phonostage to really get the best from your GM50 balanced operation is the way to go
    Enjoy your system its Lovely
    Paul

I'm Josie.

Excellent.. Very nice setup. Good move ousting the Naim for the Graaf IMO.

Cables n valves, swap n roll!!! Enjoy!
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Mark.

Default The Sonus Fabers grew a little and then some...

When I said I was nearly there - I think i really meant to say I had a little way to go...

The Graaf I sadly said farewell to (swapped for a Radikal) and replaced with the muscle bound McIntosh MA2275. Then added a MC152 for more power...Oh and the CDS2 and Elipsa Auditors had to go to Ebay heaven.... sorry guys...

I have a horrible feeling this post will come out in the wrong order in the thread..apologies if it does
    Equipment: Linn Sondek LP12 Valhalla, Radikal, NBB, Mana Soundframe, Ittok/Syrinx PU3, Kimber Silver Hybrid arm cable, Koetsu Urushi Sky Blue
    Naim HDX + XPS2 , EAR 88PB: V1, V2 Mullards PCC88/V3, V4 Brimar P88CC, McIntosh MA2275 / MC152, Sonus Faber Guarneri Momentos, Yter speaker cable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast