+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

I'm Charles-Henri.

Default Introduction

Ok a few words. First off it is really difficult for me to say what kind of music Iike but I have a preference for voices over Instruments. Otherwise being eclectic is my pride. So it is faster to define what I don't like: bagpipes and salsa (both really get on my nerves to the extend of making me walk away). Still, since I love to mix genres, I would be curious to listen to salsa music played with bagpipes. I have just aquired a splendid Victor JVC QL-Y55F. Voilą I am French and have made Southern California my home for seven years. C H

I'm Rob.

Hi Charles-Henri (very grand name)

Having just had Mozzarella for lunch, your user name made me LOL!

I also hate the sound of Bagpipes. I think it's the monotone drone that underpins and drowns out everything else. It's a good job that guns are not legal here in the UK.

By the way....Welcome.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Paul.

Hi Charles-Henri, welcome to the forum... you're likely to find a few like minded people on here

Paul.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Charles-Henri.

Hi Puffin, how did you guess Charles-Henri? Everybody calls me C H. This comes from the days I lived...in London where native English speakers started to call me Charles and I would not know who they are talking to. Where does Puffin come from?

I'm Rob.

I am really a very good psychic....not

Your details are in the top right hand corner of your posts!

I'm Charles-Henri.

Puffin was a password used by the accounts department of a Solicitors office where I sued people and made their lives a misery many moons ago (mind you after that I did divorce and family law - so who was more miserable!). I thought it was a bit unusual at the time and so I adopted it.

Rob.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

synsei Guest

Hi CH, love your user name it really made me chuckle. Got me thinking about symphonic pizzas, whatever the hell they might be...

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    I am really a very good psychic....not

Your details are in the top right hand corner of your posts!

I'm Charles-Henri.

Puffin was a password used by the accounts department of a Solicitors office where I sued people and made their lives a misery many moons ago (mind you after that I did divorce and family law - so who was more miserable!). I thought it was a bit unusual at the time and so I adopted it.

Rob.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Richard.

You know I've been around a bit, and have a wife who likes to dance, but I have NEVER encountered Salsa on bagpipes before. The mind boggles

I'm sorted.

Nice turntable, any chance of a pic? I have a QL-A7

I'm Dave.

Hi C H, welcome to the forum,
    an old friend of mine could play reggae on his bagpipes, not sure what else he could play on them, as i would always leave within a few 'mins' of him playing...
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast